Michelle's Top Picks- Always Count on a Woman for Good Taste!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As we all know, women have an innate sense of color and style, and my girlfriend Michelle is no exception. She was perusing our site today and said, "Dude, you should feature these pics in R2R. These corals are SWEET!" Who am I to argue with her?

So here are Michelle's top pics...

_DSC1180-UC.jpg

Acanthastrea lordhowensis Acanthastrea lordhowensis - A grade Acan- 3" WYSIWYG Specimen

photo-75.JPG

Cirrhipathes spiralis - Spiral Whip Coral Cirrhipathes spiralis - Spiral Whip Coral -6" WYSIWYG Specimen

_DSC1313.jpg

Clavularia sp. "Ultra Papaya Clove Polyps" Clavularia sp. -Ultra Papaya Clove Polyps 2 polyps

_DSC1213-UC.jpg

Stylophora sp. "Purple Stylo" Stylophora sp. - Purple Stylo 2.5" WYSIWYG Specimen - NEW!

Ok, you saw it here first. She says they're HOT, so what do YOU think?

Happy shopping! Don't forget to use the coupon code "THANKS20" at checkout to get your discount!

Regards,

Scott

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acans are nice! The whip coral is very intresting, can you tell me more about that species Scott.

They are surprisingly hardy. We keep them in our raceways with strong horizontal gyre flow, and do feed regularly with phytoplankton and/or oyster eggs, etc. These corals seem to just grow and grow. Can't really say that we've had any problems with them. High water quality seems to be the key. My NPS reefer friends seem to enjoy much success with this colorful coral. "Fraggable", but has a very hard skeleton. All in all, a pretty cool coral that will do well with proper care.

-Scott

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are surprisingly hardy. We keep them in our raceways with strong horizontal gyre flow, and do feed regularly with phytoplankton and/or oyster eggs, etc. These corals seem to just grow and grow. Can't really say that we've had any problems with them. High water quality seems to be the key. My NPS reefer friends seem to enjoy much success with this colorful coral. "Fraggable", but has a very hard skeleton. All in all, a pretty cool coral that will do well with proper care.

-Scott

Having fragged the spiral wires many times I can tell you to put away conventional fragging tools. Bone shears and diamond blade saws won't do the trick but wire cutters or a dremel with diamond wheel will. We call them spiral wires because below the beautiful exterior it is very much like piano wire.

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having fragged the spiral wires many times I can tell you to put away conventional fragging tools. Bone shears and diamond blade saws won't do the trick but wire cutters or a dremel with diamond wheel will. We call them spiral wires because below the beautiful exterior it is very much like piano wire.

Thanks for the additional info! It definitely IS one of the hardest skeletons I've ever seen in a coral. And I suppose it's a clue about its natural environment- very high current areas. An amazingly adaptable animal. Good news is that you'll never worry about "accidentally" fragging it when working in your tank! Opposite of a Birdsnest, I guess!

-Scott

Michelle Lemech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously!?!?

I CANNOT believe these pieces are still available!!!! :jaw:They are so HOT! :tongue: Look at that whip coral!!!! :whip: The colors are spectacular, it has a VERY interesting shape, you won't accidentally break it! In fact, it's REALLY hard to break, like REALLY, REALLY HARD, LIKE BONE CUTTER HARD, like you're not going to accidentally frag it hard! AND it's EASY to CARE FOR NPS!!!! Did you catch that? Easy to care for NPS, I didn't know these words could go together in a sentence! :tsk: WHY has this not sold!?!?! I tell you what, if my system was up and running it would have been LONG gone!!!! :love: And that Acan... SWEET!!! And reasonably priced for such a nice sized colony!!! And the Papaya Polyps, ok, they are a little pricy, but they are pretty and you know they'll grow! WHAT IS WRONG PEOPLE?!?! :noidea: These CORALS ARE AWESOME!!!! :grouphug: Just my two cents!!! Don't make me lose my bet with Scott that these would sell! :argue: I'm counting on you! :becky:

Michelle

maharsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Acan didn't sell because they didn't hype it by saying "I'm only releasing 2 heads at $100 a pop, then on the site they go at $150"!
People get so used to that kind of hype, they think its the norm. It is too cheap, there must be something wrong with that coral.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I CANNOT believe these pieces are still available!!!! :jaw:They are so HOT! :tongue: Look at that whip coral!!!! :whip: The colors are spectacular, it has a VERY interesting shape, you won't accidentally break it! In fact, it's REALLY hard to break, like REALLY, REALLY HARD, LIKE BONE CUTTER HARD, like you're not going to accidentally frag it hard! AND it's EASY to CARE FOR NPS!!!! Did you catch that? Easy to care for NPS, I didn't know these words could go together in a sentence! :tsk: WHY has this not sold!?!?! I tell you what, if my system was up and running it would have been LONG gone!!!! :love: And that Acan... SWEET!!! And reasonably priced for such a nice sized colony!!! And the Papaya Polyps, ok, they are a little pricy, but they are pretty and you know they'll grow! WHAT IS WRONG PEOPLE?!?! :noidea: These CORALS ARE AWESOME!!!! :grouphug: Just my two cents!!! Don't make me lose my bet with Scott that these would sell! :argue: I'm counting on you! :becky:

Michelle

You heard the lady!

Michelle Lemech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Acan didn't sell because they didn't hype it by saying "I'm only releasing 2 heads at $100 a pop, then on the site they go at $150"!
People get so used to that kind of hype, they think its the norm. It is too cheap, there must be something wrong with that coral.

Sad but very true... I guess sometimes it's all about the spin... Want the coral to speak for it's self. I just think that it is a really beautiful colony, and thought people would find a colony highly desirable, but maybe it's best to frag it? :noidea:

Michelle Lemech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sad but very true... I guess sometimes it's all about the spin... Want the coral to speak for it's self. I just think that it is a really beautiful colony, and thought people would find a colony highly desirable, but maybe it's best to frag it? :noidea:

jdl513

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That acan is a great piece. Problem is I keep fish that will eat acan's, so I can't keep those.

I never understood getting one or two head acan frags.
I would probably be collecting what is left of social security before I could see one of those without having to put my nose to the glass.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back