Micmol Aqua mini and pro, anyone running these?

Jshumaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights look decent, I don’t need the fancy WiFi stuff I’m using t5s now, wondering if anyone has used these lights. Par? Coral growth, any information really would be awesome. Also I reached out to them on Facebook and they responded within minutes, pretty good for a Chinese company seems like there customer support is ok.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Micmol led fixture sitting on a shelf because I can't get the controller to do the timing it's suppose to do. They even sent me a replacement and it's just as useless. Now I'll admit, it may just be me, but the way the controller get set up is just crazy hard to figure out. It turns on, it runs and it turns off, but not on any of the schedules I try to load in. It may be fine, but I wouldn't buy one if it were only $1. Oh, and my PAR meter says the PAR is only 50 at 12" underwater over my frag tank. I ended up biting the bullet and got a used Reef Breeders Photon V2+ at double the cost!

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a mini for a nano but it will be a while before I have any experience with it. The display is hard to program with only two buttons but it’s built really well and I love the small square size.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell you as there is no model number on the fixture or the controller. But the fixture ia 11" by 5" and has roughly 80 leds. Honestly, it's been sitting on a shelf for 9 months or more. I just keep it because it can be a back up and I wouldn't ask anybody to pay me money for it. I'd toss it in the garbage first.

OP
OP
J

Jshumaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yeah I was looking at the smaller ones with less leds 3 watts per led trying to light a 48x18x18

OP
OP
J

Jshumaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But also not trying to break the bank can’t afford Ecotech and would rather spend 150-200 a unit, had a prime on a bio cube and I wasn’t really impressed with it to be honest

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider either a 32" fixture or 2 smaller 16" fixtures from Mars Aqua or Viparspectra or any other black box led. The 3 watt leds run at 2.2 or even 1.8 watts (the Mars Aqua) and produce very good PAR levels. I used lights like these for years before I decided to spend the money so I could run sunrise and sunset (strictly for my enjoyment as it does nothing for the coral)!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back