Micro and nano bubble tank treatment

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I tried the famous AQUA LIFTER pump.

1. It's extremely noisy when pull the air. I think it's designed for liquids, not air.
2. Fluval Q2 produce 10x times more bubbles and 5x times more quiet.

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do people still do this? And is it effective? I just bought a wooden airstone on Amazon, and hoping to give this a try to help battle high nutrients. Thinking start with like one hour a day and see how that goes. My pH is 8.1 at night and 8.22 during the day, so pH boost isn't really my biggest concern at night.

BattleReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I started this about a week ago on my 155G tank. One thing I noticed when testing levels today is my calcium dropped from a fairly stable 450 to 350? I do keep a fair amount of SPS in the tank and they are growing. But that seems like a lot. Anyone ever experience anything like this.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I started this about a week ago on my 155G tank. One thing I noticed when testing levels today is my calcium dropped from a fairly stable 450 to 350? I do keep a fair amount of SPS in the tank and they are growing. But that seems like a lot. Anyone ever experience anything like this.

Sounds more like test error. To drop calcium by 100 ppm would require a drop (or addition) of 14 dKH of alkalinity.

BattleReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds more like test error. To drop calcium by 100 ppm would require a drop (or addition) of 14 dKH of alkalinity.
I think you are right. I used the result of a LFS that had one of those all in one testers. When I got home I tested with my Red Sea kit and it said I was around 430.

with that being said, the results of this process have been good so far. The growth rate on my SPS has been very impressive. However, it’s a small sample size and we all know there’s many variables at hand. I haven’t seen any I’ll effects, now that I ruled out a wild calcium dip. I will continue and monitor progress. Thanks for the info Randy.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back