OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only other thing I thought of is - could there be some 'entrance', 'tube', etc that is partly clogged - and when you feed - you get kind of a (I dont remember the term) - but its when vacuum causes microbubbles due to high pressure - which when the food 'dissolves' - the small opening is open again? - or some way that food particles are somehow blocking something and some of the skimmer air is going into the water as compared to only into the skimmer?
Possibly? I’ve taken out the skimmer and checked it for clogged sponge, missing cover, etc and I didn’t notice anything like that, but I’ll go ahead an check again now that I know what I’m looking for!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Possibly? I’ve taken out the skimmer and checked it for clogged sponge, missing cover, etc and I didn’t notice anything like that, but I’ll go ahead an check again now that I know what I’m looking for!
or something where the connection between the skimmer and the outflow is partly loose - what doesnt make sense is that it happens with feeding. I agree with Daniel - turn the skimmer off and see what happens. I suppose it could be some kind of reaction with the food and your water - as compared to the filter.

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I just fed and rinsed the mysis really good this time. The bubbles got better but not completely gone. I’ll turn off the skimmer when I feed tonight to see if it completely eliminates the issue :)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay so I just fed and rinsed the mysis really good this time. The bubbles got better but not completely gone. I’ll turn off the skimmer when I feed tonight to see if it completely eliminates the issue :)
I do not agree completely with 'rinsing' frozen food - as when you do that - it does remove some trace elements, etc - as well as small particles that can feed your coral. Also - mysis shrimp alone - is not really a balanced diet. In any case - Seriously - talk to the manufacturer of the tank - It seems to me you are missing something 'easy' - that they could help you with - that 'we'- without seeing the plumbing - cannot?

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not agree completely with 'rinsing' frozen food - as when you do that - it does remove some trace elements, etc - as well as small particles that can feed your coral. Also - mysis shrimp alone - is not really a balanced diet. In any case - Seriously - talk to the manufacturer of the tank - It seems to me you are missing something 'easy' - that they could help you with - that 'we'- without seeing the plumbing - cannot?
I know it’s not, I also feed pellets and LRS foods daily. Mysis is just the morning meal :). Between the 3 tanks I have 4 clowns, a blenny, and a geo hawk so it’s not really that many fish either. I’m leaning towards it being a skimmer issue because two of my tanks run the same skimmer model and both have the same issue, it’s just a lot worse in the 20

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back