Micro bubbles for my IM Fusion 10...

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in the nightly micro bubbles into the tank thing in my F10...My ghost skimmer has proved to be a bust, and I'm told that injecting mb's into the tank through the main pump is an effective tool essentially creating a skimmer out of the whole tank...

Problem is the pump sits on the bottom and will not pick up bubbles with the wooden air stone sitting next to it...thinking of cutting the rubber tube and putting the stone under the pump...anybody have experience with this...other solutions?...Mike Paletta at Reef-a-Palooza talked about this method but I was unable to ask him how to adapt it to the 10Fusion...I'll appreciate any suggestions...Thanks...:confused:

Anyone know how to get in touch with him?

OP
OP
Congaken

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in the nightly micro bubbles into the tank thing in my F10...My ghost skimmer has proved to be a bust, and I'm told that injecting mb's into the tank through the main pump is an effective tool essentially creating a skimmer out of the whole tank...

Problem is the pump sits on the bottom and will not pick up bubbles with the wooden air stone sitting next to it...thinking of cutting the rubber tube and putting the stone under the pump...anybody have experience with this...other solutions?...Mike Paletta at Reef-a-Palooza talked about this method but I was unable to ask him how to adapt it to the 10Fusion...I'll appreciate any suggestions...Thanks...:confused:

Anyone know how to get in touch with him?
I did it!...fyi...I banded the airstone to the bottom of the pump, cut the tube so that everything fits perfectly...a million microbubbles...and the pump is just as effective when the bubbles are off...now we test the effectiveness...:D

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back