Micro Bubbles

reefrookie379

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I just completed my first ever water change about 5 hours ago and I am getting tons of micro bubbles all of a sudden. Is this a normal occurrence? I did shut down, remove and break down my canister filter to just run my protein skimmer with my live rock. Skimmer has been running for almost a month now. (I did have the skimmer shut down the past few days and took it apart today to clean it) Skimmer doesn’t seem to be bubbling much at exhaust ..

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we all please have more information about your setup to help figure out what's causing it? What's your aquarium size? Are you running a sump or is this all hang on back equipment? Photos are also helpful. :)

OP
OP
R

reefrookie379

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 gallon breeder with a Reef Octopus 1000 HOB (hang on back) and approximately 55 lbs of rock. Also have a 2.5 gallon hang on refugium. I have all three sponge bubble traps on the skimmer.
image.jpg

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's possible that while pouring the replacement water into the aquarium the bubbles were caused and then trapped on the sides and under your rock work. If they get picked up by your circulation pumps they will get chopped up smaller and smaller and pushed around in your tank for quite a while.

OP
OP
R

reefrookie379

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's possible that while pouring the replacement water into the aquarium the bubbles were caused and then trapped on the sides and under your rock work. If they get picked up by your circulation pumps they will get chopped up smaller and smaller and pushed around in your tank for quite a while.
That makes a lot of sense lol

OP
OP
R

reefrookie379

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I turn the pump down to try and let some of them rise to the top of tank ..

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back