Micro Scrubbing Bubbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good. I'm wasn't commenting on what you are recommending, but rather on what some folks are actually using or likely to be using. :)

Understood! Consistency of method and "gas source" for production of microbubbles.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not feel I am achieving "nano bubbles" and don't really worry about it, my personal observation is that the bubbles from a wooden airstone lift slime away from coral and there is an increased O2 levels while the bubbles are being produced. The net effect for me has been a perceived elevated coral growth and better general tank health

Correct. Just that the smaller the bubble, the better the results.

Combinations, make up, percentages, and are not necessary to see the results. But, we believe further refunement to the method would benefit the wanted results.

More or less developing a device to produce the desirable size micro-nanos that are showing these positive results.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point we cannot talk or speak in absolutes.

It's based on probability and generating the smallest bubbles possible as cost effective as possible ;)

And yes, even after our bubbling duration, using a rudimentary method to detect presence, such as the laser pointer, is proof that the generation method proposed is actually producing micro-nanos... in what percentage is speculation at the moment.

Being that these nanobubbles remain for longer periods of time, their density in remaining in solution is additive...

I agree that it is clearly demonstrating some sort of fine particulates (solids or bubbles), and it it goes away over time when bubbling stops, it is likely fine bubbles. :)

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that it is clearly demonstrating some sort of fine particulates (solids or bubbles), and it it goes away over time when bubbling stops, it is likely fine bubbles. :)

I put a laser over my tank last night, no bubbling but still got a light show.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So speculation? How can you take me to task for saying that it looks like the video is sped up, but you can say you have proff of something

Is that really proof? You see stuff in a laser pointer light even if you aren't bubbling. I tried it.

Being that these nanobubbles remain for longer periods of time, their density in remaining in solution is additive...

I put a laser over my tank last night, no bubbling but still got a light show.[/QUOTE]

Hit me up on Facebook or call me. I'll explain.

I think we are going round and round in circles because of word choice or some other miscommunication on both sides.

Talk soon?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, bacteria scatter light, so I'm not sure how light scattering is diagnostic for bubbles unless more comparisons are done, such as same tank bubbled and not bubbled, etc. :)

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't bubble I'm just trying to see if there's any before I start and they said laser pointer or LED flashlight will let me see the micro bubbles so I wanted to see if there already in my tank

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, bacteria scatter light, so I'm not sure how light scattering is diagnostic for bubbles unless more comparisons are done, such as same tank bubbled and not bubbled, etc. :)
Hmm that's a good question... however, we have done a light scatter test in a clean, saltwater only...makeup water (ro is typically low in O2) prior to bubbling has no "twinkling"

After 3 hours of the very fine bubble aeration, there was "twinkling"

Probability of no bacteria with no organics.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What counter attack?!?

To detect nanobubbles we've utilized led flaslights and laser pointers as shown in the video...

Lasse, for the record, what i said about you was a COMPLIMENT.

Once again - different types of humour and way of handling a discussion. There was a smiley after the word Counter attack – indicating that I was joking. I´m sorry if you misunderstand me – it was not my meaning

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited by a moderator:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have to drop "feelings" and "opinions" at the doorstep... lol

Assumptions are ok, but Rich, you know you have people that cling to your every word... let them try it.

@Lasse try it. It can be an empty tank. Try it...

I´m for the moment between tanks but there is a special tank ordered. It will set up this tank so I can test different types of husbandry and cleaning technology. And for sure – after this discussion I´ll take the bubble scrubbing method under consideration when I design the tank.

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of that was speculative, though.

Maybe for you but not for me because I have run into the problem with bubble disease a couple of times. And its bubble that you can see with your eyes :) :) :) :) (indicating that this is a joke and that I playing with words)

Sincerely Lasse

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes, bacteria scatter light... I'm talking about TWINKLING.
Maybe for you but not for me because I have run into the problem with bubble disease a couple of times. And its bubble that you can see with your eyes :) :) :) :) (indicating that this is a joke and that I playing with words)

Sincerely Lasse
Perhaps delivery under pressure or utilizing pressurized systems was what i meant, @Lasse

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´m for the moment between tanks but there is a special tank ordered. It will set up this tank so I can test different types of husbandry and cleaning technology. And for sure – after this discussion I´ll take the bubble scrubbing method under consideration when I design the tank.

Sincerely Lasse

We place ours here. It is a laminar high flow area.
This is stage one of shearing... airstone in a high laminar flow area...
Stage 2 allows the bigger bubbles room to float to the surface in the sump and not to be sucked up by the return pump (bubble size filter)
Stage 3, the smaller bubbles in suspension get sucked into the return pump... and get sheared again, then squeezed under the head pressure of the return piping.

FB_IMG_1457551891362.jpg

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes, bacteria scatter light... I'm talking about TWINKLING.

I do not know what twinkling means to you, but presumably it is light scattering. That is how small things like bubbles or bacteria or small solids are detected and quantified in solution. It is certainly how nanobubbles and microbubbles are detected and measured. :)

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Cruz_Arias what color if it matters should the laser be about to order one also lumens of led flashlight
We used a green one like the one shown in the video, but i don't think it matters... a prism will refract or reflect whatever color is thrown at it...

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know what twinkling means to you, but presumably it is light scattering. That is how small things like bubbles or bacteria or small solids are detected and quantified in solution. It is certainly how nanobubbles and microbubbles are detected and measured. :)
No... this twinkling is more prismatic... scattering is more diffused (like the moon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back