Microbacter and nopox question

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am having high phosphate (Hanna .29) and nitrate around (10-25ppm Salifer)

I was dissing 10ml daily on the 120g and have seen the front panel got white film. Did some researches and online reefers said it’s a sign of overdosing, I am back at 5ml daily now.

also, I have read that dosing bacteria together would help? I got some microbacter 7, anyone?

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest you do a 20% water change. Recheck your parameters after a day. If it improves... wait a couple of days and do another 20% water change. Get close enough where you can fine tune with nopox if needed.

I would expect your nitrates to fall to 10 easily. Your phosphates may still be a little high. If that trend continues, a small amount of GFO should bring it down to .03ish.

Unfortunately its a tuning game. Do one thing at a time, and recheck. Patience. Least amount of variables the easier things will be.

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest you do a 20% water change. Recheck your parameters after a day. If it improves... wait a couple of days and do another 20% water change. Get close enough where you can fine tune with nopox if needed.

I would expect your nitrates to fall to 10 easily. Your phosphates may still be a little high. If that trend continues, a small amount of GFO should bring it down to .03ish.

Unfortunately its a tuning game. Do one thing at a time, and recheck. Patience. Least amount of variables the easier things will be.
My phosphate was as high as .9 if not higher since the Hannas max was .9 I believe. Anyway, I tried large water changes and even LC, it brought down to my current levels at around .29ish since last year, that’s why I am seeking a different route.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know if any of the bacteria in MB-7 will usefully do more than already in tank bacteria in terms of consuming organic carbon such as in NOPOX, but there's no reason to not try it if you think it might be useful.

I personally do not think dosing bacteria in such a scenario is needed.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back