Microbacter7 Use

Aaron Soliz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

quick question. I was told that it’s good to add beneficial bacteria to my tank once a month. Someone shared that adding one mil every month is actually good for my 10 gallon.
Before doing so, i understand we remove hood bacteria when we do water changes which is what i do once a week. 10% water change for my 10 gallon nuvo.

will adding one mil of microbacter7 a month be okay and helpful down the road?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bacteria we want lives on surfaces like pores in the rock and sand. You dont remove it when doing a water change.
Adding bacteria each week; people will go both ways. "Can be good" or "Can be a waste"

OP
OP
A

Aaron Soliz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bacteria we want lives on surfaces like pores in the rock and sand. You dont remove it when doing a water change.
Adding bacteria each week; people will go both ways. "Can be good" or "Can be a waste"
Could it be harmful though. I wouldn’t do it every week but once a month. I don’t run a skimmer just reef spec carbon.

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use it until the bottle runs out. You won’t need to continuously add bacteria.
At that point most surfaces should be harbouring bacteria.

Randy’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything else that we could use that doesn’t lower phosphates and nitrates that is beneficial bacteria
Once your cycle is don’t all you’re doing so feeding that bacteria when your fish poops or you feed the tank , over time bacteria will populate on its own

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back