Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
Corals.com

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
View Shop
Reaction score
Has any used a whole bottle of Microbacter7 all at one time on a new tank?
No, I have not. I was pondering that, but thought hey, 1. if anything massively screws up, I still have some left, and 2. I might move things around/add biomedia and all that, so would probably be good to have some to dose again if need be.

I.e. yeah I would not mind just dumping everything in, but it is not very necessary, and well, sure one might never need it again, but who knows. So perhaps keep some.

JAC-

View Badges
Reaction score
Have to agree with @Deep on this one, you're just wasting it going above the recommended dosing levels. Once you "seed" it with the dose it will multiply quickly depending on available food. I think that's the point of adding a little over time, to have a diverse mix of the "seeds" available to flourish with the varying nutrients available.

That's after it's allowed to incubate anyway. I believe the incubation phase would mostly be dependent on temperature. If you are trying to expadite the process, I'd suggest raising the temperature of the tank to 83 degrees f or so. The correct word I'm looking for when I say incubate escapes me, but hopefully the point made it across or someone can correct me.

Last edited:
BRS

Have you ever grown your own live aquarium food?

• YES and it was a success (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 51 25.5%
  • YES but I couldn't sustain it long term

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • NO, I tried but couldn't

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • NO, I have never tried

Votes: 111 55.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 1.0%
Inkbird