Microbacter7

Shmollica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wont hurt to do it, but its useless to do so. Bacteria multiply quickly from a few drops.
Probably this/following the directions...I just started a tank recently with 7 and wish I used startxlm after doing another lol. 7 is dormant (maybe different strains) and start is live.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has any used a whole bottle of Microbacter7 all at one time on a new tank?
No, I have not. I was pondering that, but thought hey, 1. if anything massively screws up, I still have some left, and 2. I might move things around/add biomedia and all that, so would probably be good to have some to dose again if need be.

I.e. yeah I would not mind just dumping everything in, but it is not very necessary, and well, sure one might never need it again, but who knows. So perhaps keep some.

JAC-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have to agree with @Deep on this one, you're just wasting it going above the recommended dosing levels. Once you "seed" it with the dose it will multiply quickly depending on available food. I think that's the point of adding a little over time, to have a diverse mix of the "seeds" available to flourish with the varying nutrients available.

That's after it's allowed to incubate anyway. I believe the incubation phase would mostly be dependent on temperature. If you are trying to expadite the process, I'd suggest raising the temperature of the tank to 83 degrees f or so. The correct word I'm looking for when I say incubate escapes me, but hopefully the point made it across or someone can correct me.

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.3%
Back