Microbrittle star trap

Alexopora

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2018
Messages
883
Reaction score
769
Location
Malaysia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank that is filled with micro brittle stars in the sandbed and I am thinking of taking some to introduce to my other tank so that they can populate the sand bed there. Is there a method to trap as many as possible so its easier to transport them to the other tank instead of sucking them up with a turkey baster one by one?
 
I have a tank that is filled with micro brittle stars in the sandbed and I am thinking of taking some to introduce to my other tank so that they can populate the sand bed there. Is there a method to trap as many as possible so its easier to transport them to the other tank instead of sucking them up with a turkey baster one by one?
scoop up a cupfull of sand and add it into the new one
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new