OP
Surfside74

Surfside74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surfside,
Do you have siphon break drilled into return line in event of power outage?
Yes. I have one in each line. I cant add anymore water to sump or when it drains and the water left in return pipe and normal drain water will overflow sump.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then put the skimmer and drain from tank in bucket with hole drilled at 8” , inside sump
Or get a dif sump

OP
OP
Surfside74

Surfside74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then put the skimmer and drain from tank in bucket with hole drilled at 8” , inside sump
Or get a dif sump
I appreciate the info. I'll look at bucket trick. Cant do different sump or have to redo all piping.

OP
OP
Surfside74

Surfside74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There shouldnt be anything coming out of the skimmer Except NICE, CLEAN, HIGHLY OXYGENATED 'WATER'.. (NO Air bubbles)..
Agreed. That's why I think it's from the skimmer breaking in on a new tank with new everything in it.

BAngieB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its because you are running chemicals in your tank and you have new rock. Chemicals cause microbubbles like you are describing and skimmer overflow. Either run carbon or just wait and they will settle out eventually. You can also get and output vent from CoralVue and that will help.

BluewaterLa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not be worried about micro bubbles coming out of the skimmer with the adjustment valve wide open like its running now for a break in period. This will and is allowing most flow out of the skimmer body and back into the sump so micro bubbles will flow out of the discharge due to a more rapid flow rate out.
Another thing is your water is really clean in a new system so there is nothing really in the water organic wise with proteins to be removed for the skimmer to do its job, basically just running it now for the sake of running a skimmer.

Once you get some organics in the water to be removed and you close that valve off raising the water level inside the skimmer body you will have bubble free water coming out of the discharge.
That is one beast of a skimmer, I run the same one on a 260 ish water volume system and it helps keep this tank nutrient poor so I have to shut the skimmer off for days and sometimes a few weeks at a time,
If I leave it run constantly it will pull all it can from the water well and then just run without skimming too much of anything afterward and my tank becomes more of a challenge to keep nutrition in the water for corals.

OP
OP
Surfside74

Surfside74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually figured out problem. The air intake tube inside the silencer was broken so it was not pulling air in right I fixed it and good to go now. Almost done cycling

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back