Micromussa looks strangely puffy after dosing alkalinity

  • Thread starter Thread starter testuser
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

testuser

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2023
Messages
391
Reaction score
80
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that my alkalinity was low, so I used Red Sea's part B to dose alkalinity to the tank. I followed my normal procedure but forgot to shake the formula prior. I noticed that it came out all chunky when adding it to the tank. The lights are off, and the flow is lower, and it started to look like this micromussa started to turn itself inside out and look all wrinkly. Does this look bad? My gut reaction was that this was not good. Thoughts?

20230418_192449.jpg
 
I noticed that my alkalinity was low, so I used Red Sea's part B to dose alkalinity to the tank. I followed my normal procedure but forgot to shake the formula prior. I noticed that it came out all chunky when adding it to the tank. The lights are off, and the flow is lower, and it started to look like this micromussa started to turn itself inside out and look all wrinkly. Does this look bad? My gut reaction was that this was not good. Thoughts?

20230418_192449.jpg
It’s hard to see in the photo however it looks as though it may be a feeding reaction.
 
It’s hard to see in the photo however it looks as though it may be a feeding reaction.
Yeah, you must be right. I've never seen it look so contorted before, but now it's back to its old self. Either way, lesson learned and I will definitely shake the liquid next time haha.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new