Micromussa Lordhowensis Colouring.

ReeferGuyAlexK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I'm quite new to Reefing world so need a lot of knowledge that you guys can give it out.
I got a Micromussa Lordhowensis from LFS, which wasn't looking good so they gave it to me.its colour is very dull, a light brownish colour. How can I make it gain some colour and is it possible?
Ill add a pic of it. That's how it looked the day after I put it in the pico quarantine tank. It does look a lot more healthier by now ( much more fleshy and swollen). It also eats well when I target feed it. The colour is still the same though.
What can I do to brighten it up and is it possible to make it change colour?

Thanks in advance
:D

IMG_20201012_121357.jpg

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a normal color to me. The stripes are nice. Obviously the skeleton is concerning, but if it's open and eating, that's a good sign. You might want to consider dipping it in iodine to help with any potential infections.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score. I would glue it down so that it doesn't topple if you haven't already?
Sessile corals that move around the tank a lot generally don't do well, ime.

The colors may get brighter or even change as the coral gets acclimated to your tank. Color change improvements can take a long time after a coral has been stressed. I don't think that one is going to turn rainbow red but I've seen pictures where things like that have occurred once a coral starts to mature. GL! :)

OP
OP
ReeferGuyAlexK

ReeferGuyAlexK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a normal color to me. The stripes are nice. Obviously the skeleton is concerning, but if it's open and eating, that's a good sign. You might want to consider dipping it in iodine to help with any potential infections.
I did iodine dip it when I got it. Will send a pic later today to show how nice and fleshy its become.

OP
OP
ReeferGuyAlexK

ReeferGuyAlexK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score. I would glue it down so that it doesn't topple if you haven't already?
Sessile corals that move around the tank a lot generally don't do well, ime.

The colors may get brighter or even change as the coral gets acclimated to your tank. Color change improvements can take a long time after a coral has been stressed. I don't think that one is going to turn rainbow red but I've seen pictures where things like that have occurred once a coral starts to mature. GL! :)
Oh okay thank you, hopefully it will get just a bit more brighter with time. Oh and it's place now on the floor. That was just for the pic :)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 133 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back