Microscope Ideas

Jason edwards

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
266
Reaction score
21
Location
Boulder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in the market for a digital microscope. I want something I can take pics or video and plug into my computer and either view what im looking at in real time or something similar to this one. Walmart.com: Celestron LCD Digital Microscope: Optics

MFSRP is $299. and on sale for $100.

I was also looking at Digital Aquarium Microscope: DR Instruments Reefer's Digital Microscope for Reef Care

but I think im leaning more toward the first. What do you guys think?
Do any of you have any microscope suggestions?
 
I thinking - I can't wait till this baby is born and gets a couple years old - cause I am going to have some fun with stuff like that!!!

I would pick up the first. The price seems great, its probably good enough for messing around. The other one seems like it is a little less user friendly, but a little more scientific.
I guess it depends on what you are looking to use it for.
 
mostly to look at rotifers, ciliates and Mandarin eggs/lavae. I would love to be able to get pics of eggs as the cells develop.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new