Mid-Sized Berghia Nudibranchs - Natural Aiptasia Predators Available

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fishnreef

100% Aquacultured - Help Us Conserve and Preserve
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have 1/2" sized Berghia Nudibranchs available. Click Here!

Or copy and paste: http://www.fishnreef.com/bergia-nudibranch-aiptasia-eaters-p14533.html

Nudibranch Berghia only consume Aiptasia and nothing else. They are the natural predators of Aiptasia Anemones. They reproduce and can eradicate the Aiptasia from your tank. Captive Grown.

How many? About 8 per 100 gallons for heavy infestation (50+ Aiptasia).

Larger 1/2" bergia are better for high flow SPS tanks while smaller 1/4" bergia are fine for lower flow tanks. Large bergia will begin to lay eggs almost immediately in aquariums and consume Aiptasia more rapidly than smaller bergia.

Release the Berghia in a low flow area or switch off pumps as you release them. Do not release directly on Aiptasia. Place them nearby. They will find the Aiptasia.

While you can see Berghia during the lights on cycle, they are nocturnal predators and generally only eat when lights are out. Contact us if you have any questions.

REVIEWS:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fishnreef.162779/
http://reef2reef.com/threads/large-bergia-nudibrach-are-on-sale-limited-numbers.164769/#post-1917866
http://reef2reef.com/threads/wow.162677/#post-1898379

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All done with dinner!

ISVldKJ23jgmW9gSchePm6416HAqF_dT8MSYykInjtqlA_1PkW1vzGckhsbEdimLimTEIMPD2muxLb27FJMHFTQSFzIdB-N2T25AzMPSYo5FxsOy-72cKUr1033ocaogURQlGxR2HltOAp9_cm-aXYOefddwUbtjk1C6Lar--aYa9AXfAviHBrpn-m9JUPSTLGsXMLnd745_bydvpXoBHhnhpwQbRONJKdDEsWuqETo4XRtkyp1iMmET8vCt3F9XRfI7crbbCyOltMwPSKWOBu2O7DaBgrOYk3gG6dtraeCt9cbcCf--K8sRg32dvlTLv9bJ2EG_FdgTDIujgmhDY_W3BLw0zGNdvFT1_w9YvoW7brsFsu217N1yWpP7rioL3-dziIQZWHzd-9QS5Xb_movvl343zr65lf52JqXyQ75mocJ-Dy5y9e5UeIgiZehWyi2DBjzqPswC68TMtPEzF452pTI1if9WlGF9yIfU6NHfKK7EcPxcJk9rcC5O2RnWWb6VPn8eScxEtNR-fF_kLygPs0YwrPeA0FAr_20orKBsOvWE6NcRdyIwwXSs_E0_ZHrHH2ou_EGBL23VULz25sqBmdhepw=w806-h736-no

Jlentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these priced each? How much is shipping and how many are needed to start a viable infestation?

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will wrasse be a problem with these?

Depends on the wrasses. Some will try to eat the berghia, but berghia taste like aiptasia. A wrasse may try to eat berghia which itself can injure the berghia.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these priced each? How much is shipping and how many are needed to start a viable infestation?

Priced each. Yes. How many? About 8 per 100 gallons for heavy infestation (50+ Aiptasia).
Shipping is $39.95. Free after $189. Add on some corals and get the free shipping. Click here.

Some other infromation you can use. Berghia nudibranch ONLY eat aiptasia. Not corals. They are nocturnal. Place them together in a location where they can hide (under rockwork) close to aiptasia, but NOT on aiptasia. When done, save some and pass them on to your fellow reefers.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From out website:

Nudibranch Berghia only consume and are natural predators of Aiptasia Anemones. They reproduce and can eradicate the Aiptasia from your tank.

Larger 1/2 Berghia are better for high flow SPS tanks while smaller 1/4 inch Berghia are fine for lower flow tanks. We ship Berghia which are about 1-2 months old, depending on the size as we fatten them up on aiptasia.

Some thoughts when you add Berghia to your tank.

- Berghia last for quite a while in tanks to about 5-8 months.

- Release in a low flow area or switch off pumps as you release them. By rockwork. Do not release directly on Aiptasia. Place them nearby. They will find the Aiptasia.

- While you can sometimes see Berghia during the lights on cycle, they are nocturnal predators.

- Keeping a separate tank for your Berghia requires maintaining it like your display tank. Temperature about 78F. Air bubbler without the stone (low bubble count). Water quality like display. Keep tank clean.

- Generally, if you have another aiptasia predator, they might be a predator to a Berghia, including peppermint shrimp and fish like butterfly fish. Not recommended. However, for copperband butterfly fish, if you can keep them alive for more a few weeks, congratulations.. We have notice copperband pick at many things, including corals, clams, inverts and will most likely erradicate your tank of featherdusters and worms.

- Nocturnal carnivores like arrow crabs, sally lightfoot crabs, larger wrasses (corris, etc) also eat may eat Berghia, especially in smaller tanks. The fish really don't eat the Berghia because they taste like aiptaswia, but just attempting to eat and taste Berghia can injure the Berghia.

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered the last 12 last night. I'll take more if you have them. :)

Wes

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just heard back from a customer:
"Yes, all 7 berghia arrived alive and in good condition...Let me know when you have more large or medium in stock". Thanks, Justin, CA

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back