Midas Blennies and now Neon Gobies Spawning

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rjramos
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2013
Messages
1,673
Reaction score
1,430
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Male Neon Gobie Tending Egg Nest Video by rjramos | Photobucket
The above video showing male Neon Goby tending to eggs in 3/4" PVC. Seems to have been bothered by the intrusion. Spits out what appeares to be a dislodged egg out at the end. I also have a pair of Midas blennies spawning, and hatchlings since 5/2013. I have not been able to raise the larvae past day 7.:sad: But not giving up, trying new ideas!!!
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1394561431.842026.jpg

Check out above video. I managed to get 6 baby neon gobies past metamorphosis and now on day 45 post hatch. Got another batch born last Friday doing good! In the process of setting up a breeding room. I'm really enjoying this challenging aspect of the hobby!
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new