Midas blenny care?????????

saltyinsterlingheights

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my long awaited midas blenny was looking for any advice on taking care of it. I want a long happy relationship with this fish and it currently my only fish in a 40 gal....... anybody experienced with these????

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a top on the aquarium, otherwise you're going to end up with a carpet surfing blenny. Otherwise it doesn't have unique requirements, should eat pellets and meaty foods. Just make sure you have a top on the tank because it will jump out and die. Please don't ignore that advice, that's how I lost one of mine and now I have a top on my tank!

Last edited:

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, covered top and that's it. Once acclimated to your tank, it should eat any prepared foods.

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a few they r amazing fish every time i get them they where skinny and took long time to fatten up I liked to feed mine few times a day!

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399527632.771765.jpg

Barnacle Shells.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fishtankery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're awesome once they get used to your tank. I'd say that investing in some gutter-guards for your overflows would be a wise decision, along with a covered tank. My Blenny completely disappeared for a month when I first put him in the tank. Then all of a sudden one day he decides that his new favorite spot is at the front of the tank, hanging out and sleeping in the algae clip.

They're such awesome fish, by far my favorite in the tank.

photo (8).jpg

anthonyhdo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a top on the aquarium, otherwise you're going to end up with a carpet surfing blenny. Otherwise it doesn't have unique requirements, should eat pellets and meaty foods. Just make sure you have a top on the tank because it will jump out and die. Please don't ignore that advice, that's how I lost one of mine and now I have a top on my tank!
Would this cover be okay or do you think those side gaps will be enough to jump out, its about an inch. The midas blenny would have to time it perfectly to jump out. :)

IMG_0768.jpg

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He might go carpet surfing if he jumped the wrong way. I’ve seen mine come out of the water and bounce off the screen cover. You’re right, it would take good (or bad) aim to manage jump through that 1” opening, but I’ll bet a Midas Blenny could figure out how!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.8%
Back