Midas Blenny Turning Aggressive After New Additions

The.Shrimp

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2025
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my Midas Blenny has always acted like the king of the tank but mostly left everyone alone, aside from occasionally chasing my Flame Hawkfish. However, since I added a new group of fish (a Lyretail Anthias school + an Earmuff Wrasse), he’s decided to remind everyone who’s in charge.

The Anthias are mostly fine with minimal nipping, but the Earmuff disappeared into the sand just minutes after introduction. (smaller side she's 3-4 inches I want to say) I’m pretty sure the Midas gave him a rough welcome.

Would it be better to isolate the Midas for a few days, try to rehome him, or am I overreacting since I only added the new group yesterday?

the fish list.jpg
 
I would wait it out, they will figure out the pecking order soon enough.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new