Middle of my torch polyp not extending

robreefer91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TorchHey guys it’s been a while since I came on here with questions. I been doing pretty good for a while. I thought I had everything in check and got myself another torch. Thought I was ready. I guess not my new torch was good for a week or two and then got short. I thought I seen flatworms on it but while dipping with coral rx I noticed vermid. I took care of all that and after a day it opened again. But it’s not fully extending and the middle seems to have its tentacles still not extended or flowing at all. Any ideas? My parameters are ph at 8.4 cal at 460 mag is at 1320 alk 9.3 nitrate is at 5.6 and phosphate is at 0.08. Salt is at 1.025 and temp is at 77. I had two wavemakers jebao sow 8 and slw 10 they didn’t seem to get the current I needed to got the jebao scp which looks like a gyre.

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not uncommon for them to do that but not for long periods of time, if you see flat worm dip with potassium chloride and inspect every day

OP
OP
robreefer91

robreefer91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not uncommon for them to do that but not for long periods of time, if you see flat worm dip with potassium chloride and inspect every day
It’s back to as open as it was and won’t get as extended as when I first got it. It’s been a week or so

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back