Midnight clowns

Jessica Farrell

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Villa rica
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got these midnight clowns from a lfs and as they've grown they have lost more and more black. Is this a coming thing for them? I can't really find much on these clowns. Thanks

received_10101176977047412.jpeg
 
This link will help if you have known ORA clowns.

https://www.orafarm.com/product/midnight-clownfish/

There are so many breeders out there that don't cull or breed the all black traits into their broods, who knows what you'll get once they mature.

Too bad there isn't more self regulated rules. A lot can be learned from top discus breeders............they seem to be much more concerned about keeping pure strains than it being an all out money grab.
 
Ugh if I wanted orange on my clownfish I would have bought a regular clown. Pretty irritating, $85 for the pair seems like a waste of money.
 
The black will fade as they age. My midnight looked just like these the first few months I had him but the orange totally faded away in time. They'll be solid black in the near future.
 
do you have an updated picture?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new