1   0   0
Very nice scape!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you Daniel. I've been keeping an eye on your cube build. Good work with the recycling effort but I'm not sure I'd be hiding that sump away ;).
Ha ha! I've been told by a couple of people that I'll end up cutting a hole in the front of the stand, but I think I'll just plan to be opening it every time someone comes over. LOL I like the stand too much to cut it!

OP
OP
MikeA

MikeA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until now, I've been controlling the DCT4000 return pump with the standard controller, but to fit in with long term plans I transitioned to a the wireless Aqualink T1 controller.

After some initial challenges, because I had downloaded an old version of the AQLink app some months back, I downloaded the latest version of the app and connection and setup couldn't have been easier from my Android device.

An added bonus is that for some reason, the DCT4000 seems even quieter now than before.

Next step is to get the two Aqualink S1 controllers for the RW4's mounted and syncronised.

Standard Controller

T1 Wireless controller mounted

AQLink app screenshot

OP
OP
MikeA

MikeA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update...

Apart from a minor bacteria bloom, the cycle is moving along as expected and I'm quite happy taking things slowly.

As an aside, the AQLink T1 controller running the DCT4000 return pump, suffered the effects of a tank tsunami caused by a fairly significant earthquake and expired in a blinding flash of light and puff of smoke.

For now it's back to the standard controller while I await the replacement T1. No damage visible in the pic below, but I can see the affects of the arcing under the heatsink.

Last edited:

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking real gooood!

Excuse me if it was already mentioned, what's the plan for this beauty this time? SPS? Mixed reef?

OP
OP
MikeA

MikeA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking real gooood!

Excuse me if it was already mentioned, what's the plan for this beauty this time? SPS? Mixed reef?

Thanks! Originally I was looking to continue with zoas (as per my nano) and some LPS, but I find myself looking at more and more SPS related threads. I may be crossing to the dark side ;).

OP
OP
MikeA

MikeA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you are from New Zealand. Is there any reef near where you are? Sorry about the silly question..

No silly questions :). We don't have coral reefs but being in the south Pacific, it's a relatively short trip by plane to the Great Barrier Reef, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Cook Islands, French Polynesia and a bunch of others.

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG.. See, i shouldn't have asked... Im quite jealous now... You are basically surrounded by those drooling reef countries/territories..

OP
OP
MikeA

MikeA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit of frustration... After the cycle I moved the Ocellaris and Midas Blenny across from the nano and about a month later added a small Heniochus. All the while parameters were looking good and all the fish were eating well. A few days after adding the Heniochus I had a white spot outbreak and only the clown survived.

I know, I didn't quarantine and I paid the price. Won't happen again.

The tank has been fallow for 40ish days now and I'm going to put the clown back over the coming weekend.

OP
OP
MikeA

MikeA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no.. I was hoping for a bit better update.. Keep us updated tho! With pics!

Haha. Me too. I got some Turbos and a Peppermint Shrimp moved over this evening. More Turbos and another Peppermint will go across tomorrow with the clown.

AquaNano40 will be shut down over the weekend and turned into a quarantine tank after that.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back