MikeC's SOFTY TANK

  • Thread starter Thread starter MJC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
With the possibility of starting a tank war I am just going to say it. I would choose this tank over an equally as successful sps tank any day. SORRY I SAID IT!! :p

I have a majority of sticks, and I want this tank. This is incredible, easily one of my top 5 favorite reefs of all time now. Beautifully done!! Any video of it all moving?
 
Thank you everyone for your comments.
No shame in liking softies.
It shouldn't matter what you do,just make sure you do it well ;)
I will try and make a updated video soon ;)
 
Did i see a couple stylophora in there?
 
Is the bottom starboard? Have you had any issues with it? I will be setting up a 200dd this weekend and plan on bare bottom. Maybe with starboard
 
All I can say is ........ WOW!!! :D
 
Is the bottom starboard? Have you had any issues with it? I will be setting up a 200dd this weekend and plan on bare bottom. Maybe with starboard
Yes and no problems what so ever it is food grade plastic.
 
I agree ,the soft leathers provide the movement in the tank for viewing . There the only thing that kept my interest over the years .Have learned a thing or two just from their reaction .Now my love of the reef has grown and am able to keep a mixed reef tank. Learning all the time.Thank you for sharing it's so important .
 
Is that a blue sponge on the right side? It's gorgeous whatever it is. Do you do anything special to keep it (if it is a sponge) I've never had success with sponges but love them.
 
Wow. Your tank is beautiful. I have a softie/LPS tank also and fish. I returned to reefing after about about a 15 year break. Back in the "olden days" it was a mostly softie/LPS world. I love the movement. So that is where I am today. No shame. You may have swayed me to get a Xenia. I have been afraid but I love them. Is yours pulsing?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new