Mike's Frag Tank Build

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike628
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Get it man, always good to stock up while it's cheap if within reason
 
Rock in the sump is good also might want to put your frag rack in for more surface area. Adding tank water from another tank won't help much for the cycle bacteria isn't in the water unless you have a bloom. You might want to find a very porous media since your sump area is so small if you're not keeping much rock in the tank. The frags themselves won't be much of a biological load unless you feed them heavy
 
Rock in the sump is good also might want to put your frag rack in for more surface area. Adding tank water from another tank won't help much for the cycle bacteria isn't in the water unless you have a bloom. You might want to find a very porous media since your sump area is so small if you're not keeping much rock in the tank. The frags themselves won't be much of a biological load unless you feed them heavy
I dont know how often I will feed
 
Yea haha. The other place down the road is $7 a pound
When I bought my live rock 15 years ago I paid $18 a lb for 280 lbs of tonga (not available anymore ) and fuji rock but it was bursting with critters
 
When I bought my live rock 15 years ago I paid $18 a lb for 280 lbs of tonga (not available anymore ) and fuji rock but it was bursting with critters
I wish i could aquire more tonga
 
I was great rock I got no unwanted pest. I had about 6 tanks set up back then now the wifey won't let me have but. I have to set up my quarantine when needed I just keep its media in my sump to keep it ready. My other tanks I always cycled with a damsel which is taboo these days but with that said I used the same damsel for all my tanks and he lived 10 years
 
Ok so my I just tested the frag tank. Here are the results. They look pretty good to me. Yesterday ammonia looked like it was between 0 - 0.25 it looks like 0 today.
9bc61edb9b9421299f138175b77b9588.jpg

24e173460b6c3b7ab3ea898690da9464.jpg
 
Dude there is no way that it cycled that fast haha! Let it sit a few more days and see where it goes bro
 
Dude there is no way that it cycled that fast haha! Let it sit a few more days and see where it goes bro
I know it hasnt cycled haha. I was just posting the test. The only thing I'm running is carbon, and I never got that rock because the store hasnt been open lol.
 
3720c48bfea1a74aa7ac11dc5688f4a4.jpg
1fe2b7e232e13437daa2a2a4bbda8d28.jpg

I added more live rock, and I'm about to add some brine shrimp to the tank to feed it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new