OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, the pics look great! What camera and lens are you using?

iPhone 8! No filter or nothing.

I have a Nikon that I only ever used for when my daughter played basketball.

I think I may start tinkering with that.

I don’t run heavy blues on the tank so I think that helps a lot taking pictures with a phone.

Hulley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty cool! I recently bought a Canon 80D but when I see the nice pics from iPhones, I wonder why! I do like my Canon though. :)

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. See some bare spots need to order more corals lol

Gonna visit #Lazylivin , AKA Lazy’s Frag House when I head back to Ohio in May for my granddaughters first birthday.

I will be taking a cooler and heat packs for sure!

Hulley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks fantastic! I love the room set-up, I'm wanting to do something similar but why wife bought "The perfect table" for that room and doesn't want to move it! The 525xl is IMHO the best size tank!

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks fantastic! I love the room set-up, I'm wanting to do something similar but why wife bought "The perfect table" for that room and doesn't want to move it! The 525xl is IMHO the best size tank!

Thanks a lot Hulley. My wife and I love the room. We drink coffee in the mornings in there, maybe eat dinner, and have a beer or glass of wine while we just sit and stare.

I absolutely love the tank and as you said, it’s a perfect size. Especially for the room we had.

Thanks for following along.

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while for those of you following.

We are implementing a new management system in our warehouse and the days have been long.

This weekend is looking good for an update!
2df1ba8419ddf51c08aab36aa348cf0a.jpg

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I am about to buy one of these tanks. I am in the Savannah area not far from you I think. How is the tank working for you?

It’s totally fantastic for me. Sorry I haven’t posted much lately. Been a long 5 weeks implementing a new system at work.

Please feel free to ask any questions in my thread or pm me.

Where are you at? I live in Bluffton, work in Pooler.

mckinney0171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s totally fantastic for me. Sorry I haven’t posted much lately. Been a long 5 weeks implementing a new system at work.

Please feel free to ask any questions in my thread or pm me.

Where are you at? I live in Bluffton, work in Pooler.
Live in savannah and also Work in pooler. Glad to Hear the tank is doing good. Will be ordering mine in the next couple weeks.

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live in savannah and also Work in pooler. Glad to Hear the tank is doing good. Will be ordering mine in the next couple weeks.

If you have any questions about assembly or anything please ask.

I may be able to swing by and help if needed.

I also have 4 sets of double suction cups if you want to use them to lift and place the tank.

mckinney0171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have any questions about assembly or anything please ask.

I may be able to swing by and help if needed.

I also have 4 sets of double suction cups if you want to use them to lift and place the tank.
That would be awesome. Thanks for offering. Buying a new home in Richmond Hill Ga and I may need a hand getting it out of the garage and onto the stand LOL. Those suction cups would come in handy. My wife is allowing me to upgrade tanks as part of the move.

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome. Thanks for offering. Buying a new home in Richmond Hill Ga and I may need a hand getting it out of the garage and onto the stand LOL. Those suction cups would come in handy. My wife is allowing me to upgrade tanks as part of the move.

Awesome! We just moved to Bluffton last November. We looked in Richmond Hill too. Very nice area.

My 525 was my “move upgrade “ too!

mckinney0171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mike. I think I told you I am moving to Richmond Hill soon. Unfortunately our home won't be ready being built for a few months and our current home closes at the end of May. So, my wife, I, and the two kids have to live in an apartment for a couple months. I wanted to see if you would be willing to store my corals in your tank until I was moved into the new house. In return I would pay you some sort of rental fee (you tell me how much you would want) and allow you to have your own choice of frag cuts from any / all my pieces at the end. All of my corals are ORA and Battlecorals. All are completely pest free and you can inspect them if you like.

Here's a picture of my current setup. I don't want to sell my stuff (I have years invested in this tank) and don't have any other options since a 100 gallon reef tank doesn't work in an apartment. I hope you would be willing to help me out. You are more than welcome to stop over some night after work and check my tank out if you want. I could bring up the corals whenever is convenient. Then I plan to tear everything down so the movers can take it. Still haven't figured out what to do with the fish. But, I think they will be easier and I could potentially keep them in rubbermaid containers in the bathtub for a couple of months I guess. Send me a PM if you are interested in helping out.

Thanks!

-Chris

IMG_4270.JPG

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mike. I think I told you I am moving to Richmond Hill soon. Unfortunately our home won't be ready being built for a few months and our current home closes at the end of May. So, my wife, I, and the two kids have to live in an apartment for a couple months. I wanted to see if you would be willing to store my corals in your tank until I was moved into the new house. In return I would pay you some sort of rental fee (you tell me how much you would want) and allow you to have your own choice of frag cuts from any / all my pieces at the end. All of my corals are ORA and Battlecorals. All are completely pest free and you can inspect them if you like.

Here's a picture of my current setup. I don't want to sell my stuff (I have years invested in this tank) and don't have any other options since a 100 gallon reef tank doesn't work in an apartment. I hope you would be willing to help me out. You are more than welcome to stop over some night after work and check my tank out if you want. I could bring up the corals whenever is convenient. Then I plan to tear everything down so the movers can take it. Still haven't figured out what to do with the fish. But, I think they will be easier and I could potentially keep them in rubbermaid containers in the bathtub for a couple of months I guess. Send me a PM if you are interested in helping out.

Thanks!

-Chris

IMG_4270.JPG

I am not ignoring you Chris! I had a very good friend do the same for me last year when I moved from Ohio to here. I will pm you this evening.

OP
OP
mta_morrow

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a red head Solon fairy wrasse and a bonded pair of wheelers gobies with a pistols shrimp from DD today.

The wrasse has been out and about but is still camera shy.

The wheelers are still in a cave I made for them w the shrimp.

af39051459ba5e646e5142d2ea5bde26.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back