Mikes WaterBox 110.4

reefrookie379

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I have my 110.4 WaterBox running and cycling. Just a couple things I can’t find help with. I see with the overflow the sweet spot is with the tank water level being just below the emergency drain in the overflow, is it is a simple as just draining water from my display as it is currently over the emergency drain? Also I have made adjustments with the gate valve and it is constantly making a noise like a bath drain when it starts to take in some air with the water draining so quickly, is that normal? Even with that I am getting some gurgling which I’m not sure is my emergency drain or main drain. Thanks.

Attachments

• 67262646817__38EC2B83-27A7-4807-9B47-B716AF3167FC.MOV
    1.2 MB
OP
OP
R

reefrookie379

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that the quietest is when I run the water in the overflow right at the very edge of the emergency overflow, such that an occasional trickle goes down every now and then.
My water level is right above the emergency overflow do I simply drain water from the display tank to lower it ?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My water level is right above the emergency overflow do I simply drain water from the display tank to lower it ?
Just slightly open the valve on your main overflow. Wait a minute or so, then open a bit more or close as needed.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back