OP
OP
Max93

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's not exactly 2 weeks today, but 5 days from 2 weeks.

The millepora looks exactly the same as before I messed with the flow. The first day it had an impact, but today looks the same. It's definitely growing though, it is encrusting and branching just no hairy polyps like the first day I had it..

OP
OP
Max93

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp it's been over two weeks. Just re-did my scape a bit and change the direction of the flow to be more "against the coral going towards the light" if that makes sense. The green mili is responding very well to this, but this just started last night.

But the one pictured above just got bigger and more color developed on it. However no difference in polyp extension.

I removed one paddle from my gyre, and put it to random mode or pulse mode at 20%. I realize constant mode goes to 10%, but constant mode is bad for corals right since it is direct flow?

Let's see what happens. I'm just happy it's alive and growing right now. It does shoot out these long white strings when i feed the tank, good sign I suppose. This a pic of the mother colony so you can see the massive difference.

OP
OP
Max93

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp it's been over two weeks. Just re-did my scape a bit and change the direction of the flow to be more "against the coral going towards the light" if that makes sense. The green mili is responding very well to this, but this just started last night.

But the one pictured above just got bigger and more color developed on it. However no difference in polyp extension.

I removed one paddle from my gyre, and put it to random mode or pulse mode at 20%. I realize constant mode goes to 10%, but constant mode is bad for corals right since it is direct flow?

Let's see what happens. I'm just happy it's alive and growing right now. It does shoot out these long white strings when i feed the tank, good sign I suppose. This a pic of the mother colony so you can see the massive difference.
capture-_2020-01-09-21-03-22-png.1368325

Capture+_2020-01-09-21-03-22.png

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont go changing everything for ONE acro. I'd rather one be upset and maybe do poorly vs upsetting the WHOLE tank.

OP
OP
Max93

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Over one month since initial post. Millepora is gaining a blue color, like the mother colony image. It is developing yellow coralites and branches are stretching out.

Base is continuing to encrust. Polyp extension today appears better, but nothing like when first bought. All other corals polyps have also improved. Changes I made over a whole month, i haven't touched the tank in terms of settings in 2 weeks:

1. Removed 1 paddle from my gyre. Set it up pulse 20% and mounted it in the middle of the right side of the tank. Water keeps spilling out daily, so annoying but im making my way slowly down the glass over the weeks.

2. Lowered my nanobox to 4" from the surface vs. Where i had it before at 6". Apparently since the nanobox has no lenses it needs to be closer to the surface of the water to have a better effect.

3. Raised my temperature to a consistent 78.2 to 78.8. Temperature was actually at 75 this whole time. My heater wasn't keeping up and i did not notice without buying a thermometer. Duh.

4. Feeding nano frenzy daily, sometimes 2x daily and i still have no fish in the tank.

5. Water changes every 1.5 weeks vs. 1 week.

My next change is coming - finally adding fish. Im thinking of adding a tailspot blenny to begin. Then a possum wrasse and 2 clowns. Maybe a watchman goby as well.

I added a red planet frag and it is incredibly fuzzy, actually looks better in my tank now than when i purchased it. Im hoping in the next month this mili regains it's polyps.

OP
OP
Max93

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this is from 2020.

The corals pictures in this thread had AEFW. All died.

Anywho, now I run moonshine and have no AEFW. What solved my issue was feeding more often.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back