Milli love hate need info

zach_discus

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
557
Reaction score
191
Location
Snohomish WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all, so one of my favorite SPS is millipora, but they don’t tend to love me. What am I missing, the few that I have had tend to do really well for a month or so. Than they always tend to get a spot where they rtn and are got within a day.
I’ve tried high light/low light, high flow/low flow and just can’t seem to make them happy?

What’s your recommendation or experience?
Thanks
Zach
 
Millepora can be hard, but not impossible or anything, under LED. If you are using LED, then you might need to be on the money with everything else. There are many accounts of people losing their millepora when they switched their lighting to LED... again, not everybody, but enough to see a pattern. Dr. Joshi has written about this.

I don't find millepora to be any harder than other acros like tenuis, deepwaters, nana, austera, aculeus, etc, but all of these are harder than youngei or most other stags. Spath and prostata are a bit harder.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new