OP
Matt Bravo

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the update I was talking about

Also I just got a diffuser, if you have one can you tell me your experience with it so far? What you like and what you don’t like?

Attachments

• IMG_2548.jpeg
    IMG_2548.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 46

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Your nutrients are low and your Acros are slowly starving. I would increase your Magnesium as well to around 1500. I would focus on adding some actual coral food to your water column and by feeding your fish some frozen which will also feed the Acros if it's something like Rods foods.

OP
OP
Matt Bravo

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your nutrients are low and your Acros are slowly starving. I would increase your Magnesium as well to around 1500. I would focus on adding some actual coral food to your water column and by feeding your fish some frozen which will also feed the Acros if it's something like Rods foods.
I appreciate the advice, I think the original issue was not doing water changes. Once I got back on track everything started to improve.

The Millie almost died on me but I am slowly bringing it back on a daily basis

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I appreciate the advice, I think the original issue was not doing water changes. Once I got back on track everything started to improve.

The Millie almost died on me but I am slowly bringing it back on a daily basis

Ah, I didn't know that and always good to ask, but I usually think it's a given when you keep SPS. I can tell you if you'll do a weekly water change with a good salt, you won't need to dose Alk or Cal and rarely Mag.

People get in trouble by dosing and controlling parameters too closely right off. With water changes, in a smaller tank, none of its needed for a long time.

Best of luck

OP
OP
Matt Bravo

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening to all, this is an appreciation post for everyone who took the time to help and give support. As you can see the Millie has fully encrusted over the frag plug (and looks to start branching soon too) and has really nice coloration too.

I hope someone who needs some motivation can see this, coral loses are rough and sometimes we have no clue as to why stuff happens. But it’s the small victories we have to cherish and always have some hope that they will bounce back

Never give up on these little guys

Attachments

• IMG_2822.jpeg
    IMG_2822.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 32

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good evening to all, this is an appreciation post for everyone who took the time to help and give support. As you can see the Millie has fully encrusted over the frag plug (and looks to start branching soon too) and has really nice coloration too.

I hope someone who needs some motivation can see this, coral loses are rough and sometimes we have no clue as to why stuff happens. But it’s the small victories we have to cherish and always have some hope that they will bounce back

What actions did you take to correct it?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Like I said, sometimes you never know.
Congrats OP!

OP
OP
Matt Bravo

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What actions did you take to correct it?
I was testing a lot more than I used to, focused mainly on alk and realized it was dropping on the daily (consumed about .1 daily) so I began dosing small amounts.

I also picked up acropower and noticed an extreme improvement on coloration in all my acros. Everything has really nice colors on them

Overall became more cautious and tried to keep everything stable and scheduled, weekly water changes, test and studied the tanks behavior overall

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We have to take ever small victory we can get, especially when keeping Acro. Ive kept acro that i can not get PE at all, but the owner had PE at the max with 80 PPM No3.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was testing a lot more than I used to, focused mainly on alk and realized it was dropping on the daily (consumed about .1 daily) so I began dosing small amounts.

I also picked up acropower and noticed an extreme improvement on coloration in all my acros. Everything has really nice colors on them

Overall became more cautious and tried to keep everything stable and scheduled, weekly water changes, test and studied the tanks behavior overall

Late reply, but glad to hear it. Go easy on the Alk until you have quite a few corals and colonies. Yes, Acropower works really well in moderation. I dose 25ml of Acropower a week to my tank.

Nice job!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back