Mimic lemon peel and lemon peel?

  • Thread starter Thread starter G_Lows
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

G_Lows

Glows
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
260
Reaction score
97
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the deal here? I’m looking for a juvenile chocolate tang aka mimic lemon peel, which is sold out on live aquaria. However there is a lemon tang that is available? Are they the same?

E5351F1D-A0A5-48F0-8A6B-93713EF5450D.png 417F8A84-23E5-4683-9841-22B4FDDCC685.png
 
What’s the deal here? I’m looking for a juvenile chocolate tang aka mimic lemon peel, which is sold out on live aquaria. However there is a lemon tang that is available? Are they the same?

E5351F1D-A0A5-48F0-8A6B-93713EF5450D.png 417F8A84-23E5-4683-9841-22B4FDDCC685.png
I’m equally as confused here, the scientific name for both is the same... I’ve heard mimic lemon peel tang which would tell us there as a genuine lemon peel tang but the scientific name is the same here so idk, wish I could help
 
A lemon tang is the same as a mimic tang or a chocolate tang. The actual name is lemon peel mimic tang, because it mimics the lemon peel angel in appearance as a juvenile. If the scientific names are the same, I’d assume this is that fish.
 
They are the same fish, as an adult, the chocolate tang. It's about the area they are from, in the juvi form they mimic the angelfish of the region. The lemon peel mimic, it's name sake the lemon peel angel. The lemon mimic, mimics the heraldi angel.
 
I’ve also seen Eibli Mimics that may or may not be the same species. Not to detract too much from OP’s post but about dwarf angels which ones have you kept, for how long and which ones are hardy?
 
OP, they’re the same fish. Depending on the region they’re from one is a mimic of the Lemonpeel Angel (Centropyge Flavissimus) and the other is a mimic of the Herald’s / Yellow Angel (Centropyge Heraldi). They mimic the most common dwarf angel in the area.
 
definitely reviving this thread.. haha. Anyways so I was going to add a chocolate tang to my tank as I feel for some reason they are not as common and they do look pretty nice as adults. I was also confused on the difference between a lemon tang and a mimic lemon peel. My guess is that they both turn into a chocolate tang, however the mimic tang as a juvenile impersonates the "normal" lemon tang. But its odd as they both change into chocolates at the adult stage.
 
definitely reviving this thread.. haha. Anyways so I was going to add a chocolate tang to my tank as I feel for some reason they are not as common and they do look pretty nice as adults. I was also confused on the difference between a lemon tang and a mimic lemon peel. My guess is that they both turn into a chocolate tang, however the mimic tang as a juvenile impersonates the "normal" lemon tang. But its odd as they both change into chocolates at the adult stage.
Its all the same fish. They are mimic tangs as juveniles but when they are adults their color changes to chocolate tangs. The “lemon” part is a defense thing as a juv so they can blend with the lemon peel angels in a school until they are big
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new