Mimic tang gills turning black?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fl3xlinton
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fl3xlinton

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2019
Messages
424
Reaction score
248
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got him he was all pure yellow and now his gills are turning a dark color. Should I be worried. Also how is event possible to take pictures of this fish he’s constantly swimming

image.jpg image.jpg
 
He is constantly picking at rocks for algae. Eats good happily swims around just has color changes? I know they change color when they are grown but he’s still pretty small. Maybe 3.5”
 
that means he’s transitioning to his adult coloration. As it grows up it will turn into a chocolate tang.
 
Very pretty fish.
although I think I should have gotten the actually yellow tang instead I didn’t know they turned into chocolate tangs. Lfs misinformed me lol. Thanks buddy
 
No prob, it will take a while for it fully transition. None the less It’s one of my fave tangs I’ve ever had.
 
Very pretty fish.
although I think I should have gotten the actually yellow tang instead I didn’t know they turned into chocolate tangs. Lfs misinformed me lol. Thanks buddy

Pics do not do the choc tang justice, this is a much more interesting, outgoing, and beautiful fish compared to a yellow tang. Here's the one I had in change before I gave him to a friend, he was a tank way too aggressive.
006.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new