Mindstream Will Go On Sale End Of Year, Shipping Early 2018

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have they even talked to you? Given you a date? You’d think they’d have you one by now even as a tester
Last word I had from them was in September. They said they were including me in the next round of beta testing, and that they'd be in touch in a couple of months. I'm reaching out again, but it's definitely been discouraging. I contacted them again today to see if there's any update...I am still hopeful...we'll see. :rolleyes:

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I always think about with topics like this is that we want this to work right. An testing is a very difficult thing. In reading forum post's since the late 80's I have seen thousands and thousands of posts with people having testing issues. If mindstream rushes and pushes out a product too soon everyone will hate the company and the bad word will kill the product. Yes it has been a long process but they really have to get the testing down cold or there will not be a second chance to get it right. So I just sit back and let them get it right its in the best interest of everyone.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree reefwiser, it is just their communication with potential customers is horrible. If they are that bad now, will it be the same if they get a product to market? I just have to wonder if their issues are more than just testing. I read a good article the other day about a company that had this great product and got to the point of having a warehouse full of them and then had to fold and file bankruptcy because they couldn't get another round of funding to get the product distributed.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most companies communicate poorly. Users want more info but companies do not want to share a lot do to competitive reasons.:)

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get a tape of one of their investor meetings. I bet there is a lot of yelling going on.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woohoo! Excited to see this! Looks like the monitoring game is really heating up! I won one of these units at MACNA 2 years ago, so I'm excited that I'll finally be getting it! :D :D

Did you get yours at MACNA this year?

m0nkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
talked to the Reps at MACNA and they still have no solid release date.. heard the same thing 2 years ago at MACNA SD 2016

on the other hand.. Neptune Trident is gearing toward release end of this year.. about $800 per unit. With estimated mark up to be around $1000 on release..

Coravue and a few others also had Alk/Calc/Mag monitor at MACNA 2018.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering....Using this in tank disk and inserting a new one every month, wont the testing chems build up in the tank and live stock?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back