Mindstream Will Go On Sale End Of Year, Shipping Early 2018

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After many years of waiting, hoping, learning and asking again and again, we finally have the answer we’ve all been waiting for about the holy grail of aquarium monitors. The MindStream will officially go on sale at the end of this year and units will begin shipping January 1st, 2018. The MindStream monitor itself will cost […]

Continue reading...

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be interesting to see if there is still a large market for the Mindstream after some people were burned by this unit last year and now there is competition in the monitoring market.

psl123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this unit can work as advertised it will be a tremendous tool and time saver!
I like the idea of no calibration required with the new media received every month via subscription.
Just waiting now...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Woohoo! Excited to see this! Looks like the monitoring game is really heating up! I won one of these units at MACNA 2 years ago, so I'm excited that I'll finally be getting it! :D :D

BlueCursor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their original release date was in 2015. So now we are at 2018 after missing 3 other release dates. We will have to see if they make it a 4th release date missed or not.

They are behind the curve now and have competition, including a product that integrated with Apex. I have no enthusiasm about this product now.

Edit: I should have been clearer. The product was announced in 2013 and the first firm release date of Q4 2015 was announced with their kickstart push. So 2015 wasn't their first announced release date, it was the first "firm" release date.

Last edited:

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did not raise enough money in the kickstarter to launch the product. Biggest issue with this type of product is money to support the manufacturer of the units. Will hobbyist spend the money to have real time constant testing of their aqu arium. As this is what the mindstream testing unit gives you that the other units do not do.

BlueCursor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without actually releasing, instead of constantly setting a date they do not meet, they have no continuous testing. They have nothing.

If they can't release after 3 years, I question their ability to be a viable product and not go under, taking my purchase price with them.

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to sound negative, but if this business closes due to something like low sales (there's similar competition now) and there are no longer the monthly subscription discs, It becomes a $900 paperweight?

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll be apex for me. It's not going anywhere whereas this company could go belly up anytime. Maybe apex will buy them out ;)

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to sound negative, but if this business closes due to something like low sales (there's similar competition now) and there are no longer the monthly subscription discs, It becomes a $900 paperweight?

I've always wondered if there end goal was to be bought up for a big profit to the owners? I guess that probably isn't in the cards now that I believe all the big boys now have their own competing products. I would love to know their expected sales for 2018 and what they need to sale to break even. They have some large investors now that will be expecting returns soon.

I feel constant readings are unnecessary, so this product has never interested me. Alk is the only thing I really test on a frequent basis, and I sure don't need to add another $20 monthly subscription to my monthly budget.

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mindstream after missing three released dates unfortunately lost the magic that had before and lost the confidence all around, $900 plus subscription 30-50 monthly... I'm not sure. Just checking the Macna 2017 videos, the competition for measuring parameters will be really interesting in 2018, Alkatronics and Apex Trident are the strongest competitors, but at the end besides Alk all other parameters are nice to have, so i think Alkatronics will be the strongest winner!!!

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, this was such a great idea at the start. Competition from larger companies really makes me worry about the longevity of this product. It also worries me that the "update" gets posted but there is no follow up to alleviate concerns.

BlueCursor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you see on their website how they say that their product costs less than $900 (they aren't including disk prices), and monitoring the same with other products costs $14,000?

Wow, they can't even use a calculator and correctly add up the cost of test kits. That or they think we are stupid.

Come on, continual monitoring might cost a boat load in test kits, but even with mindstream we won't care about continual monitoring. We will look once a day, and then less than that as time goes on.

BlueCursor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another missed release date. End of 2017 has passed with not even a post from them about the 2017 release of their product.

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve lost interest for sure. But hey this might just be like my kitchens. Sometimes I’m way off on my completion date but when I’m done they get a far superior product. Only time will tell but they better get it done soon. Apex is on this big time.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woohoo! Excited to see this! Looks like the monitoring game is really heating up! I won one of these units at MACNA 2 years ago, so I'm excited that I'll finally be getting it! :D :D

Have you been told when you will receive your monitor?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back