Mindstream

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe they are all still busy working on the disc robot. I hope it improves for those who've shelled out the money.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Last edited:

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone heard anything from MS. They don’t reply to emails, answer phone or post dead silence

I ordered sept 1. Apparently waiting more than a month past expected delivery time does require frequent updates from them. They haven't returned phone calls or emails in the past 2 weeks. I cancelled my order with them via email. NO REPLY. Contacted my bank to cancel. Other people report they were told would get an email update this week. I wouldn't hold my breath as I was told that weeks ago!!!

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not the right person to ask as I'm not reaching out to them nor ordered one. I can only say based on what few threads I read here on this board that it appears others are having similar issues. They contact via email or phone and do not get a reply or person on the other end of the phone.

I don't know what percentage that breaks down to but a few people have had successful contact. So while I know anecdotal is a trigger word here that is all we have. Few get through, most do not. Take that for what it is worth but I'm really the wrong guy :)
Thanks. Sorry was just piggy back on your tread. Sad as it does look like a really good product but I knew from early on a one hit company would struggle to survive. I really think there best chances wound be to partner with a mainstay company who have resources to feed demand.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will probably contact my bank to cancel the order right before thanksgiving. It is not worth the risk at this point. There is a chance someone just ran with the few million dollars he got from the orders. It’s not like that never happened.

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will probably contact my bank to cancel the order right before thanksgiving. It is not worth the risk at this point. There is a chance someone just ran with the few million dollars he got from the orders. It’s not like that never happened.
I totally agree. I came very close to ordering just after the show in Florida but was concern that they wanted money up front without a commit date. I just feel sorry for those that might have been duped if they are truly out of business.

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still think MS is doing what they do best based on their track record... Put their heads down and work on a problem and ignore all communication with the outside World.

That said - I would expect some form of communication for those of us who put 1K in their pocket for the promise of a product. I'm still optimistic we will see something soon, but their lack of communication does rub me the wrong way. Really, how hard is it to post a "canned" message once every few weeks to keep people informed. This is a bad business decision on senor management part IMO.

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not so sure I would feel the same if they had my money for months. They don’t even answer their phones. How are people getting tech support if they have one. As bad as Trident roll out was there tech support is outstanding and responds time is minutes.

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not so sure I would feel the same if they had my money for months. They don’t even answer their phones. How are people getting tech support if they have one. As bad as Trident roll out was there tech support is outstanding and responds time is minutes.
No argument there... But as of today, I still can get a Trident either. ;)

U

User1

View Badges

One would think that with at least one of those $1,000 pre-order purchases they could have bought at least one Apple iPhone to answer...

I worked for a startup years ago. 34th employee. We had a receptionist. We had phones. My first interview with the company I think there was maybe 15 or so people. They called me. I called back. They had phones.

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed that no one has posted a complaint with Better Business which I find surprising. I have used them in the past and they do get company to responds

U

User1

View Badges
No argument there... But as of today, I still can get a Trident either. ;)

Can or can't?

They are hard to find for sure. Took me about 3 months from a normal retailer and some kind people here who shared info when they saw them in stock. Others picked them up on the launch day or week after. I actually had one on the 3rd week but BRS's checkout system is dumb and I do not save my CC information on any site. So while I entered the data to pay the one in my cart was sold to someone either faster or using saved information. Both mine and BRS's fault...more so their stupid system but another story.

Yes, hard to find. Yes, Neptune is only able to put so many out a day. Yes demand is still high. No, they don't require money up front. Yes we pay for reagents.

U

User1

View Badges
For clarity sake. It isn't about me not liking the product. That wouldn't make sense. Actually, it probably doesn't make sense that I'm here replying to threads to begin with. However, my issue is reading the MS threads and not seeing pre-order hobbyists getting any reply or updates when they shelled out $1,000.00.

So this will probably be my last post in any of them because it could be perceived as a troll post and I don't think that is helping. It really only comes from those of you excited for the product and being stone walled. That upsets me and it isn't even my money or skin.

So if I offended any of you I do apologize. I do hope you hear or receive a update or package.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For clarity sake. It isn't about me not liking the product. That wouldn't make sense. Actually, it probably doesn't make sense that I'm here replying to threads to begin with. However, my issue is reading the MS threads and not seeing pre-order hobbyists getting any reply or updates when they shelled out $1,000.00.

So this will probably be my last post in any of them because it could be perceived as a troll post and I don't think that is helping. It really only comes from those of you excited for the product and being stone walled. That upsets me and it isn't even my money or skin.

So if I offended any of you I do apologize. I do hope you hear or receive a update or package.
I haven't seen anything you posted that looked trollish at all.

I've had hit and miss times with tech support. Sometimes it's great and they will spend an hour talking to me, other times I can't get them at all. Overall I haven't had too much trouble with support from them and I've had quite a bit of trouble with my MS.

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can or can't?

They are hard to find for sure. Took me about 3 months from a normal retailer and some kind people here who shared info when they saw them in stock. Others picked them up on the launch day or week after. I actually had one on the 3rd week but BRS's checkout system is dumb and I do not save my CC information on any site. So while I entered the data to pay the one in my cart was sold to someone either faster or using saved information. Both mine and BRS's fault...more so their stupid system but another story.

Yes, hard to find. Yes, Neptune is only able to put so many out a day. Yes demand is still high. No, they don't require money up front. Yes we pay for reagents.

I can "not" find a Triton. Like you, I tried on launch day, but for whatever reason, my email notification didn't get to my inbox until hours after they were back in stock. I've tried three different online retailers and even when I've received stock notices I still missed out. I don't blame Neptune for this, but I wish they would honor a waiting list so I don't have to jump through hoops to try to get one. I'm fine waiting for my turn on a list, but the current system only rewards the person who get the alert first and is able to get through the purchase prosses the fastest. I remain on the "stock alert" list for the three websites so I can see if I'm missing out on something, but to date that has not been the case. Even if I was going to purchase one, I have not had the opportunity to do so, which provides a little comfort while waiting out the MS issues.

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can't speak for others, but I'm not offended by your comments. I think have an opposing view is a good thing and makes me question on current position... At this point, I'm not as optimistic as I was a few weeks ago, but I still think things will work out and they will resolve their issues.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not been able to reach anybody today and at this point I am getting very frustrated with their lack of communication to the community. I understand that a Tech cannot make a post with any kind of official statement but the fact that the CEO or someone of rank has not made a statement is getting way past the point of ridicoulus. As I stated before I am willing to wait it out if I have some contact from them and things are progressing. If by Monday of next week I don't hear anything I might start to reevaluate my position. I am not worried about losing my money as I have plenty of time to make a claim but I am not going to support a company that leaves me in the dark this long.

Last edited:

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am not offended as all comments are welcome. One would assume MS monitors comment and at some point responds. In terms of trident I got on a waitlist which eventually worked and I got trident

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am not offended as all comments are welcome. One would assume MS monitors comment and at some point responds. In terms of trident I got on a waitlist which eventually worked and I got trident
Which retailer did you use?

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think for a thousand. Iced they could answer us. Ordered July 8 th. 4 months really. ??

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back