OP
OP
3lusive

3lusive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! your tank is brilliant! I started a minicompletetank reef about month before you (though ironically I I think you've done a better job!). Here's my tank about two weeks after setting it up. Atm its doing less brilliantly. I accidentally caused a crash, so for the past few weeks the tank has been recovering (basically just the gsps regaining a their green colour as they were the only coral affected and lost a bit of their algae). I also recently added a couple zoas and a mini toadstool, modded the flow in a similar way to yours and have moved up the GSP frag against the back of the tank because it was huge and taking up too much space lol.
1572428408285.png

Anyway, just here to say that's a brilliant tank and to keep an eye on the water conditions (my crash was caused by feeding the corals too much once which caused a mini cycle). Good luck!

Awesome to see another mini here, and it looks great.

The top off mod has been an absolute lifesaver for me and I feel it is a must for any shot at long term success. I recently added more coral so I need to update the thread but I plan on adding more coral this weekend so I may hold off until then. I did add 2 small birdsnest frags but I think it's still a bit soon for sps as they haven't faired very well. Zoas , shrooms, and the tiny toad are all doing great. I do have an area with an algae issue but I can treat that very easily.

I look forward to seeing your tiny tank grow.

Oh my God... Little tanks like these inspire me. Now I just need to inspire the gf to let me get one

Tell her I said that it's ok .

Thierry05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome to see another mini here, and it looks great.

The top off mod has been an absolute lifesaver for me and I feel it is a must for any shot at long term success. I recently added more coral so I need to update the thread but I plan on adding more coral this weekend so I may hold off until then. I did add 2 small birdsnest frags but I think it's still a bit soon for sps as they haven't faired very well. Zoas , shrooms, and the tiny toad are all doing great. I do have an area with an algae issue but I can treat that very easily.

I look forward to seeing your tiny tank grow.

Tell her I said that it's ok .

Thank you!! How are you able to keep your toadstool coral happy? I didnt have my flow "mod" until a few weeks back and still mine is retracted and unhappy (though it's definitely showing signs of recovering).

OP
OP
3lusive

3lusive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG I didnt realize the scale of it from the first picture hahaha

Yeah most people dont understand how small this tank really is. Lol

I'm currently doing full display water changes 2x per week (750ish ml) . Eye dropper for coral food once per week.

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may add some sexy shrimp and more small snails later this week.
Carefull with the nutriments intake in such a small(miniaturized) tank XD , btw sexy shrimp will feed on your corals and that even if well fed (in my experience). And a dying snail in there will be like a bomb , just saying.

OP
OP
3lusive

3lusive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carefull with the nutriments intake in such a small(miniaturized) tank XD , btw sexy shrimp will feed on your corals and that even if well fed (in my experience). And a dying snail in there will be like a bomb , just saying.

The sexy shrimp are hit and miss on coral munching. I've had some that seemed to never touch them and others that coral is the only thing they seemed to eat. My other thought was a small pom pom crab. I have a 65g that it could be moved too once it got to be too big for this tank.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back