Mini Complete Tank With Display Sump

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome. Since I'm not in the comp I may add eventually a dosing pump. One to add half gallon a day and the other to remove same amount. This way I can have 2 5 gallon jugs under the desk. Should be really stable. I am curious on the skimmer you made on draining. Thing looks assome.

Rachel541

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh My God What GIF by This Might Get

This is insane!
Can't wait to see it all up and running! Comp winner right here!

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was considering joining this contest but decided I didn't have the time as I also just started up a 180. I was a little sad... but then I saw your absolutely amazing... and adorable sump and glad I am just watching on the sidelines. That is incredible.

OP
OP
Chowder's Reef

Chowder's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was considering joining this contest but decided I didn't have the time as I also just started up a 180. I was a little sad... but then I saw your absolutely amazing... and adorable sump and glad I am just watching on the sidelines. That is incredible.
Thank you!

Setting up a 180 is no joke haha! I went against my better judgment with this one though. Work has really picked up for me so I'm trying to squeeze in time to finish this small build before the start date. I had a small lagoon pico tank (6"x6"x3") set up for a while
PSX_20210209_181749.jpg

howbeit it's taken down now. It was pretty easy to care for so I'm hoping for the same with this tank, fingers crossed. :D

OP
OP
Chowder's Reef

Chowder's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First OFFICIAL update on the build!

I got a hardscape together. End of update.

But really, I have miscalculated how intense my work would be right now; having a wide range of working hours and projects that have deadlines. To add to the fun, my 3D printer has decided to call it quits, so I'm a little dead in the water to making the necessary parts to complete this little tank. Quite frustrating, but I'm making progress, howbeit slowly.
Enjoy the pic! Hopefully the next one will be of it holding water lol.

PSX_20211001_113459.jpg

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First OFFICIAL update on the build!

I got a hardscape together. End of update.

But really, I have miscalculated how intense my work would be right now; having a wide range of working hours and projects that have deadlines. To add to the fun, my 3D printer has decided to call it quits, so I'm a little dead in the water to making the necessary parts to complete this little tank. Quite frustrating, but I'm making progress, howbeit slowly.
Enjoy the pic! Hopefully the next one will be of it holding water lol.

PSX_20211001_113459.jpg
That's some crazy good detail!

billysprout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
scape looks even better than my normal-sized one. following in case you get a chance to make more progress (but life comes first!!)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back