"Mini ocellaris clowns"? (At Petco)

LordJoshaeus

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2018
Messages
581
Reaction score
525
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a royal gramma at a nearby Petco for my saltwater tank today, and while deciding on it (vs. a purple firefish in the same tank) I noticed the above. The advertising claims these clowns were bred to reach no more than 1.5 inches...has anyone had long term experience with these particular clowns? And would smaller size really translate into them needing less space? I'm not particularly interested in clownfish, but I'm still curious. Thank you.
 
Have one of these now and he seems satisfied with occupying a corner of the tank to himself; but explores around whenever he feels like it. I don't think that smaller size would equal less space, especially if looking for a pair as well. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new