Mini q skimmer making weird noises

  • Thread starter Thread starter nickynels
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nickynels

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2025
Messages
27
Reaction score
15
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Audio might not work btw
 
It's got to be the impeller, it's the only moving part.
I have 2 of the Bubble Magus Mini.
I clean both once a month roughly. I use a q-tip to clean the impeller shaft.
Are you sure the black bottom piece is secured in place?

I would reach out to the manufacturer. They do have a warranty.
 
It's got to be the impeller, it's the only moving part.
I have 2 of the Bubble Magus Mini.
I clean both once a month roughly. I use a q-tip to clean the impeller shaft.
Are you sure the black bottom piece is secured in place?

I would reach out to the manufacturer. They do have a warranty.
Well I lowered it way farther past the recommended water level line and the noise stopped but I feel that is wrong because I am almost dunking the whole body piece.
 
Well I lowered it way farther past the recommended water level line and the noise stopped but I feel that is wrong because I am almost dunking the whole body piece.
My first skimmer screamed because of the seal. My current one is 99% quiet but needs to be super low in the water. Super common issue apparently
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new