Minimalist Aquascaping

  • Thread starter Thread starter gpwdr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Before and after. Love the minimalist but wanted some reprieve for the shy fish
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3475.jpeg
    IMG_3475.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 295
I'm getting a new reef savvy 120 gallon tank and would like to take the minimalist approach to aquascaping.

Anybody have some nice reef tank pictures so I can get some ideas?

Gene
Honestly, it really boils down to what looks good to you.
 
took my nine hundred years to finish but i finally have her in the tank!!

the platform in the left is going to be specifically for torch corals. looks pretty empty now but will add so much beauty later on
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3012.jpeg
    IMG_3012.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 181
Love all the great scapes in here! I am using a lot of them for inspiration for an upcoming build.
Here’s my current tank. Biocube 32. Middle is a cave, and the bottom is a tripod of smaller rocks making more caves.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5634.jpeg
    IMG_5634.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5650.jpeg
    IMG_5650.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5620.jpeg
    IMG_5620.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 52
I'm getting a new reef savvy 120 gallon tank and would like to take the minimalist approach to aquascaping.

Anybody have some nice reef tank pictures so I can get some ideas?

Gene
I had a link and lost it . Look up Aquariums by design. On you tube, A guy stumbled across a tank they were doing , and thought it was finished. I liked it as it was. He went back and it looked like any other Tank. I am pursuing the same thing
 
I had a link and lost it . Look up Aquariums by design. On you tube, A guy stumbled across a tank they were doing , and thought it was finished. I liked it as it was. He went back and it looked like any other Tank. I am pursuing the same thing
I could not find Aquariums by design. Do you have a link?
 
Just finished a semi minimalist scape for an INT 100 tank that should be arriving in the next month or two.

My goals were some great arches and caves etc for the residents to be able to make homes. I also really wanted to keep a lot of free swimming space open.

Uploaded a video too - the picture I feel makes it hard to understand the layout.
tempImagey1SeQF.png

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new