Minimalist Aquascaping

  • Thread starter Thread starter gpwdr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have had a few minimalist...

uploadfromtaptalk1416576043479.jpg


uploadfromtaptalk1416576081058.jpg
 
Sorry, wrong thread...
 
Last edited:
When I think of minimalist scapes, this is the first one that comes to mind:

minimal.jpg


minimal2.jpg


minimal3.jpg


minimal4.jpg


minimal.jpg


minimal2.jpg


minimal3.jpg


minimal4.jpg
 
Results from my sleuthing:

The tank is owned by Ricardo Prata. I couldn't find a thread, but here is a video:

 
Last edited:
And this is the second:

4.jpg

This is Christopher Kriens' tank. Here is his build thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/109257-chris-algae-farm-elos-160-a.html

You should definitely check out his thread if only for the amazing photography! :thumb:

I love the second one. I don't know why the bare bottom looks like something is missing. I was wondering if you need rock in the sump of the bare bottom tank and maybe no rock in the sand bottom tank?

Gene
 
no rock needed in a bare bottom. Its really just a personally preference, and maintain thing.
 
i really like your 60 going to look even better once its filled in . Do you only a have a sixline?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new