Minimum clearance for RMS mount clamp

stan255

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2021
Messages
54
Reaction score
17
Location
Melbourne, Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a screen cover and only have a 0.55” or 1.4cm gap between the edge of the tank and the cover.

Will this fit the RMS mount? What is the minimum that is needed?

IMG_9590.jpeg
 
I don't think it will fit, you can't cut out lid? You can use the arm mounting system as well.
 
Won’t work with RMS unless you extensively shim, which only works if you are using 2 arms to make a bridge. No way you could use clamp, you’d need to modify your lid.
 
I found this image of the box.
Rimless tank material thickness 1.38" (3.5cm).
1720836288020.png

That gap looks a lot wider than the clamp. Could anyone measure the dimensions of that front clamp if its less than 0.55" / 1.4cm?
 
Last edited:
I have a screen cover and only have a 0.55” or 1.4cm gap between the edge of the tank and the cover.

Will this fit the RMS mount? What is the minimum that is needed?

IMG_9590.jpeg

No, you need to make a cutout like this:




IMG_5462.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new