Miracle Mud

  • Thread starter Thread starter Subsea
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None


I like, Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon”. because it reminds me of Cryptic sponges on the back side of rocks.

Twenty years ago, I used Miracle Mud to mimic Ling Sy mud/macro algae refugium. Then I switched to cryptic refugium by composting tomatoes putting egg rate on top of mud and added live rock. That was 5 years ago. In 25 years mud has increased from 0.5” to 1.25” is spongy to the touch and is crawling with worms & stuff.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 


I like, Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon”. because it reminds me of Cryptic sponges on the back side of rocks.

Twenty years ago, I used Miracle Mud to mimic Ling Sy mud/macro algae refugium. Then I switched to cryptic refugium by composting tomatoes putting egg rate on top of mud and added live rock. That was 5 years ago. In 25 years mud has increased from 0.5” to 1.25” is spongy to the touch and is crawling with worms & stuff.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I was just talking about Syd Barret on another thread like 3 minutes ago!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new