Miracles Do Happen! Bill's (Sawcjack00/Epic Aquaculture) 460 Gallon Custom Miracles Aquarium Build!

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I, too, have the 750 and the new tank of yours makes it look tiny. And to think, I wanted to go 48" wide.

I was thinking 6 G5 Pro, but now maybe 8 :oops:
Honestly I really wanted to go 8' x 4', but 8' would've been extremely tight, and 4' wide would have meant tipping the tank on it's side. At 830 lbs I couldn't imagine trying to maneuver it so I went with slightly smaller measurements. I love it though.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I really wanted to go 8' x 4', but 8' would've been extremely tight, and 4' wide would have meant tipping the tank on it's side. At 830 lbs I couldn't imagine trying to maneuver it so I went with slightly smaller measurements.

OMG, I can’t imagine what we would have done if it where any heavier.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On your overflow pane, is it smoked glass with water jetted overflow teeth or black acrylic glued over glass with routered out overflow teeth in the acrylic? Hard to tell from the photo.

researching our overflow options.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On your overflow pane, is it smoked glass with water jetted overflow teeth or black acrylic glued over glass with routered out overflow teeth in the acrylic? Hard to tell from the photo.

It is neither. They cut a notch in the glass, and the weir is an acrylic insert. I'll take a pic later.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Actually you can see the acrylic weir laying in the overflow box here
1589319753063.png

You can see the notch cut out here:
1589319824599.png

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just would've dug deeper and grunted a little harder. What's an extra few pounds spread across 6 people??
Should I return it and go for the larger one? :)

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So where was I? Oh yeah, plan B. Since the perfect spot was not going to be available to me, I decided to do the obvious thing, and fit a giant tank into a tiny space with 4 other tanks so that I would have as little space to navigate as possible. So that's what I've done. Once I finished the overflow plumbing, I called back Ken and Jimmy to help me move it into it's final position. With the help of some furniture sliders and Kens floor jack, we moved it and got it lined up perfectly. Once that was done, I got out the level, and incredibly there were no adjustments to make. It was perfectly level. Next was leak test time, so I filled it up with tap water, and rechecked the level. It was still spot on with no adjustments, and even better it didn't leak.

Here's the mess I started with
Mess.jpg

Got the overflow plumbing done
Overflow Plumbing Done.jpg

Leak test time. Some have asked how I will access the deeper parts of the tank. For accessing the front side I use this folding platform that I got from Home Depot. It's adjustable up to 37" tall. When I stand on it I can reach the bottom of the tank.
Platform Ladder.jpg

Here's the sump in position
Sump in Position.jpg

The tank in it's final position - The RS 750 XXL will be removed once the livestock is transferred in a few months.
Tank in Position.jpg

Tank in it's final position with short end against the wall
Tank in Position-2.jpg

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's time to start getting this thread rolling. Here are some pictures from the move in process. It was quite a challenge as the moving company only sent 3 guys, and with Covid-19 going on, I didn't want to have a bunch of friends come over and take the chance of compromising anyone's health, so instead I called my buddies Ken and Jimmy (@AZMSGT and @Sisterlimonpot ) because I don't like them and if they get sick, who cares :) (Just to be clear, I am totally joking here). Thank god they are great friends, and were available, because we could not possibly have done this without them!

Getting ready
KRBIMAGING-2328.jpg

Utilizing my supervisory skills
KRBIMAGING-2336.jpg

Inspecting the monster
KRBIMAGING-2348.jpg

Where the heck are we putting this?
KRBIMAGING-2353.jpg

It was just a bit cramped...
KRBIMAGING-2356.jpg

The tank in it's temporary position, away from the wall so I could do the overflow plumbing
Miracles Aquarium-3.jpg

A job well done
KRBIMAGING-2360.jpg

That was easy...
20200402_1102181 (2).jpg

More to come...

Looks great- I’d never use those harbor freight type suction cups again tho- you’ve got your lucky “break” they held
LOL
Nice size tank!

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great- I’d never use those harbor freight type suction cups again tho- you’ve got your lucky “break” they held
LOL
Nice size tank!
I immediately thought the same thing, but these weren't the cheap HF suctions, they're actually cast iron and had great suction. They worked better than I expected them to.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back