Missing Conch

KJones90s

View Badges
Reaction score
Have a fighting conch that has been in my 125 for almost 8 months now...haven’t seen it in the last month. Is this normal? Should I be worried? I look when the lights are out and everything but haven’t seen a thing, no eyes poking out or anything.
I can’t think of anything in my tank that would prey on the conch as it was rather large.
The tank is about 8-9 months old, there are only 5 fish. YWG, six line, Foxface, and 2 clownfish.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

LordofCinder

View Badges
Reaction score
a couple of times, my conch has climbed the rocks and fallen to the back side of the tank, wedging his shell inbetween the rocks and the back glass and unable to move and it needed to be saved. Hope this is not the fate of your conch, but maybe have a look

OP
KJones90s

KJones90s

View Badges
Reaction score
a couple of times, my conch has climbed the rocks and fallen to the back side of the tank, wedging his shell inbetween the rocks and the back glass and unable to move and it needed to be saved. Hope this is not the fate of your conch, but maybe have a look
Will do for sure.

OP
KJones90s

KJones90s

View Badges
Reaction score
I haven’t noticed any elevated nitrate or phos in my tank so I’m hoping it’s still alive in there somewhere.
my rockwork is pretty minimalistic so I feel like I’d be able to see him had it gotten itself stuck somewhere.
C4B79306-E9CB-40A7-9BF2-57D7768CA15A.jpeg

OP
KJones90s

KJones90s

View Badges
Reaction score
Went digging today and found the conch alive and well. As soon as I pulled him out of the sand he dove right back in, must be plenty of food in my sand bed

Can you house your most favorite ocean creature in your home aquarium?

• Yes and I do!

Votes: 57 15.7%
  • Yes but I don't have one

Votes: 65 17.9%
  • Yes but it would be illegal

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Yes but you would need a HUGE aquarium

Votes: 60 16.5%
  • No but I wish

Votes: 148 40.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 16 4.4%