Missing Conch

KJones90s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a fighting conch that has been in my 125 for almost 8 months now...haven’t seen it in the last month. Is this normal? Should I be worried? I look when the lights are out and everything but haven’t seen a thing, no eyes poking out or anything.
I can’t think of anything in my tank that would prey on the conch as it was rather large.
The tank is about 8-9 months old, there are only 5 fish. YWG, six line, Foxface, and 2 clownfish.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a couple of times, my conch has climbed the rocks and fallen to the back side of the tank, wedging his shell inbetween the rocks and the back glass and unable to move and it needed to be saved. Hope this is not the fate of your conch, but maybe have a look

OP
OP
KJones90s

KJones90s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a couple of times, my conch has climbed the rocks and fallen to the back side of the tank, wedging his shell inbetween the rocks and the back glass and unable to move and it needed to be saved. Hope this is not the fate of your conch, but maybe have a look
Will do for sure.

OP
OP
KJones90s

KJones90s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t noticed any elevated nitrate or phos in my tank so I’m hoping it’s still alive in there somewhere.
my rockwork is pretty minimalistic so I feel like I’d be able to see him had it gotten itself stuck somewhere.
C4B79306-E9CB-40A7-9BF2-57D7768CA15A.jpeg

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went digging today and found the conch alive and well. As soon as I pulled him out of the sand he dove right back in, must be plenty of food in my sand bed
I might do this with my conch, did t hurt yours when you pulled him out?

aquivers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like my conch may be hiding as well. Haven’t seen him in about 3 days. Hope he’s ok

zafink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen mine disappear for months, then reappear for months, then disappear again. sometimes if he's disappeared for several days I'll pull him out so he does his job. He doesn't seem to mind and gets to work stirring

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we call ours Gronk....itis the only thing that has a name... It will hide beind the rocks for weeks..plenty to eat im sure. It will also scale the side of the tank on occasion and fall down laying shell side down and will need to be flipped.. then it goes on its merry way.

Southswell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine also completely buries himself for several days at a time. I went digging for him the first time but now I just leave him be because because it's just his normal routine

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back