Missing Fish - How far do you go?

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have a Clown Tang (new purchase about 3 weeks ago) that started showing signs of disease. Large areas of white, fish sitting on the bottom, one fin slightly beat up, tail looked a bit beat up, not coming out from hiding to eat. Most signs pointed toward flukes, but could be bacterial, could be something else. This fish was the only one in the tank for about 2 weeks, and it had one white spot on it, but I thought maybe it injured itself against a rock.

About a week ago I moved three fish from one of my other tanks into the tank with the Clown Tang. Yesterday is when we noticed that the Clown Tang was looking bad. The other fish so far aren't showing any signs of illness/disease.

When I got home today, I went to go take more pics of the Clown Tang for disease ID, and for the life of me, I cannot find it in the tank! I moved about 6 pieces of LR, and still didn't see it. If it was dead, the flow should've blown it out of the rocks.

Should I completely pull my rocks to find this fish, or wait a bit?

Here's the only pics I have of the fish with the spots. There are more spots than are visible in the pics. My kid took the pic, sorry for the quality...

Inked63337689099__BA989D48-6682-4F18-A71F-2E0EBE9C4694_LI.jpg Inked63337667883__CC5658BA-1F66-4E9B-807A-E7AADF061FB1_LI.jpg

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tang? Smaller tangs like to wedge themselves into little crevices in rocks. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in one of the rocks you moved. I would leave it alone (unless your planning to pull the fish out and medicate it) and keep an eye on ammonia. Bothering the fish sure won't help.

Back