Missing fish!

Michelle Holmes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I have had 2 fish go missing/dead within one month. It's very upsetting. I have had this SW tank up for 4 years now and these fish were in there since then. It's frustrating when there's no evidence of bones or carcass! I have hermits, narcissus snails, 2strawberry crabs , and one teddy bear crab. These fish were a yellow watchman 3" and maroon clown 4"! I check my fish ever night. Can the body be eaten within 24 hours? Since they were kinda big I did a WC anyway. I also took a turkey Bastet and poked around a little and blew into some holes and NADA!!! I'm so upset! Any advice would be appreciated :((

e-man5252

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't help u with how they might have died though,sorry.All I know is that all those bottom feeders could eat a dead fish very fast.One time I had a fish die so I went to get a net to scoop it out and it was gone.EATEN.In like ten minutes.

OP
OP
M

Michelle Holmes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't help u with how they might have died though,sorry.All I know is that all those bottom feeders could eat a dead fish very fast.One time I had a fish die so I went to get a net to scoop it out and it was gone.EATEN.In like ten minutes.
Oh no that's not great news! Well at least o know I'm not loco and it is possible for the body to be gone. UGH!!!!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow watchman disappeared for almost two years until I removed rock work and re aquascaped I found him. I've had him for about 6 years or more.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 159 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back