Missing fish?

xdq21x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a yellow prawn (watchmen) goby and he was looking good and healthy nothing seemed to be wrong but one night I went to feed my tank and he was no where to be seen! I know they are known to disappear for periods of time cause they dig burrows and I know they occasionally jump out but i have egg crate as a top and he would have to jump directly between the little squares to get out which I guess he could but he would have to be really skilled lol but it’s been a week since he’s been gone and still no sighting of him, I’m starting to get a little worried!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a yellow prawn (watchmen) goby and he was looking good and healthy nothing seemed to be wrong but one night I went to feed my tank and he was no where to be seen! I know they are known to disappear for periods of time cause they dig burrows and I know they occasionally jump out but i have egg crate as a top and he would have to jump directly between the little squares to get out which I guess he could but he would have to be really skilled lol but it’s been a week since he’s been gone and still no sighting of him, I’m starting to get a little worried!
He's most likely taken up residency under one of your rocks. My diamond watchman goby was missing for 4 days, but I knew he was still around because the sand around where I suspected he was living was getting stirred up :) Just keep a lookout for him. He's probably stressed from the move and is laying low.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check the floor, egg crate will not keep them in. I learned that the hard way.

Eddie Rogers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small watchmen goby go missing for about 3 weeks, after the first week I thought he was gone. Than a couple weeks later he was back and made a small den under a rock. Now he just stays to one place, but comes out every day to eat.

kswan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost a diamond goby through egg crate covered in mesh. I couldn't believe he got out.

OP
OP
X

xdq21x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check the floor, egg crate will not keep them in. I learned that the hard way.

That’s the first thing I did, I checked around but I also own a cat so if he did jump out he may of been eaten! So sad lol but I didn’t see any water residue anywhere on the ground so I don’t think he jumped

OP
OP
X

xdq21x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small watchmen goby go missing for about 3 weeks, after the first week I thought he was gone. Than a couple weeks later he was back and made a small den under a rock. Now he just stays to one place, but comes out every day to eat.

Interesting little guys lol hopefully he comes out soon!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back