Mitras vs radion g5 pro

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 2 g5 xr30 yesterday. I was going forth between the GHL and the G5 I dont think you can go wrong with either one. My tanks are 62x22 and 95x22 so hoping the wider spread helps. Leds have come a long way.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Not just BRS.

The complaint you quoted was from over 8 months ago. The very early release units did have some issues. Mine was part of that. The housing was cracked from over tightening of the screws. This was by far the most common issue. Of course there will be other issues here and there but that is with every item out there.

My GHL Mitras was super well built. The software was garbage on so many levels. I will take a cracked housing, that took me 2 minutes to replace, over software I can never get to work.

I also have a Coral Care Gen2 over my other tank. Good light. Software is good. The weight is crazy though. Hard to plan that much weight over a tank.

BTW, I run halides. I sold off Radions for halides. I have tried so many LEDs over the years it makes me sick. Could have saved thousands of dollars and just kepy my halides all along LOL
This is good information.

I don’t know if the wife would consider metal halides because our aquarium sits in the living room.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is good information.

I don’t know if the wife would consider metal halides because our aquarium sits in the living room.
My new tank is going in our basement living/theater room and I am going to have to create a floating canopy that helps block the glare from the lights

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back