Mitras vs radion g5 pro

I just bought 2 g5 xr30 yesterday. I was going forth between the GHL and the G5 I dont think you can go wrong with either one. My tanks are 62x22 and 95x22 so hoping the wider spread helps. Leds have come a long way.
 
Not just BRS.

The complaint you quoted was from over 8 months ago. The very early release units did have some issues. Mine was part of that. The housing was cracked from over tightening of the screws. This was by far the most common issue. Of course there will be other issues here and there but that is with every item out there.

My GHL Mitras was super well built. The software was garbage on so many levels. I will take a cracked housing, that took me 2 minutes to replace, over software I can never get to work.

I also have a Coral Care Gen2 over my other tank. Good light. Software is good. The weight is crazy though. Hard to plan that much weight over a tank.

BTW, I run halides. I sold off Radions for halides. I have tried so many LEDs over the years it makes me sick. Could have saved thousands of dollars and just kepy my halides all along LOL
This is good information.

I don’t know if the wife would consider metal halides because our aquarium sits in the living room.
 
This is good information.

I don’t know if the wife would consider metal halides because our aquarium sits in the living room.
My new tank is going in our basement living/theater room and I am going to have to create a floating canopy that helps block the glare from the lights
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new